[SOLVED] Repaginate the Linux Mint website now!

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
NiltonGM
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Repaginate the Linux Mint website now!

Post by NiltonGM »

Hello Linux Mint guys, I have a suggestion that maybe you are already (or should be) in your projects; repaginate the Linux Mint site, which you say in passing is 1900 and marbles. There are many web designers who could collaborate with HTML, CSS and more as needed. The LM site needs a totally innovative repaginated, we will overcome the desion to LM more than Windows 10! It's a tip and a good day gentlemen and ladies!
Last edited by NiltonGM on Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Repaginate the Linux Mint website now!

Post by Moem »

NiltonGM wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:21 am repaginate the Linux Mint site, which you say in passing is 1900 and marbles.
Can you explain what you mean by this? I don't understand.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
ajgreeny
Level 7
Level 7

Post by ajgreeny »

Other than saying the Mint website needs repaginationg, I didn't understand anything you said and I certainly don't understand why you think repaginating is needed either.

What is wrong with the website at the moment? It all akes sense to me and I can see no reason to do what you think is needed.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
MartyMint
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MartyMint »

I think they're saying that if the Linux Mint forum looked more blingy, it would dominate the desktop market and bring Microsoft to it's knees.

No, thank you.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Probably a language thing.
Perhaps op is suggesting redesign--this comes up here often--most forum members do not support
a cosmetic remake

1900 and marbles--I haven't the foggiest of this meaning
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

None of it made sense to me, but his avatar resembles the Brazilian flag so I guess we are seeing rather poor auto translation from Portuguese.
Cliff Coggin
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Come on folks, NiltonGM's message is not so hard to understand:
The current Linux Mint website looks very old-fashioned (1900 & marbles). A thorough redesign is needed.
There are many webdesigners out there who could help redesigning it. With a very innovative design Linux Mint would beat Windows 10 or something similar. (Cannot guess that part really.)

My point of view:
  • we have had more such requests by other users, usually newbies, who will not be met again in the forum too often afterwards.
  • we could, but should not start all over again the discussion what is innovative design and does it not imply form is more importent than content?
Actually, folks, let's simply return and carry on with whatever we had been doing before reading NiltonGM's "revolutionary suggestion". This two-liner is not really worth more time from our side than it has taken to compile it.

Over and out.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
NiltonGM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by NiltonGM »

Excuse me guys, the automatic translation from Brazilian Portuguese to English in the USA was terrible, I used slang that doesn't make sense to Americans. @Karlchen understood what I meant, I will not try to explain it in order not to complicate it. Again sorry for the bad translation.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

NiltonGM wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:21 amrepaginate the Linux Mint site
What would be the purpose of renumbering the website's pages?

Come to think of it, are they currently numbered in the first place?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Whereas most forum user have a strong tendency of
+ either ridiculing such requests, specifically in cases where the OP expresses himself too briefly and poorly in the English language
+ or downright turning down the shear idea that the Linux Mint websites may not all be perfect as they are
one of the few constructive replies on such requests, which I have come across recently, can be found in a different thread here: Re: I found an article critizing Linux Mint website appearance

Constructive criticism is no heresy, guys. :idea:

I really recommend reading the linked thread.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
NiltonGM
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Repaginate o site do Linux Mint agora!

Post by NiltonGM »

Some people here replied harshly criticizing my suggestion to update the site (modernize), others ridiculed me for the terrible automatic translation from Portuguese to English, they are accommodated people and intolerant to changes, but fortunately there are people from the development team who listened to our requests and now we have a new site nice, beautiful and as wonderful as the product, a picture speaks more than a thousand words. Congratulations to the designer team.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Egorama
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Egorama »

Just me that didn't know what Repaginate meant huh? :D
Dont Believe half of what you see and none of what you here -- Lou Reed

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”