Translations (Swedish) and Xreader Improvements

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
gotolindak
Level 1
Level 1

Translations (Swedish) and Xreader Improvements

Post by gotolindak »

I Love Mint! It’s my prefered operating system an I have Windows an Mac computers but I always use my Mint machine. It’s the best.

I use the Swedish version and I’ve noticed some translation hickups that you might need to adress.
Firstly under Settings and Hardware. The instance that suggests settings for Monitors says ”Utseende”. That has more of the meaning appearance in swedish. The correct translation would be ”Bildskärmar”, that means Monitors in swedish.
Skärmbild från 2021-04-03 08-18-49.png
I also recently found something odd in the backup tool. Under Personal Data there’s an error under Excluding files and folders.

The buttons are a mix of english and swedish and both really means exclude files. The translator for the app needs to have a look at this.
This would be the more correct translation:

Exclude files = Utesluta filer
Exclude folders = Utesluta kataloger
Skärmbild från 2021-04-03 08-24-23.png
The include section seems correct.
Skärmbild från 2021-04-03 08-47-00.png
A wish for the Xreader app

It’s an excellent reader app for PDF but I think the ability to make annotations and comments should be added for a more complete solution for PDF. If you want to go even further it woud be great if one could join pdf files, exclude pages, rotate and so on. :D

Many Thanks!
Linda
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Translations (Swedish) and Xreader Improvements

Post by Moonstone Man »

gotolindak wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:01 am I use the Swedish version and I’ve noticed some translation hickups that you might need to adress.
Firstly under Settings and Hardware. The instance that suggests settings for Monitors says ”Utseende”. That has more of the meaning appearance in swedish. The correct translation would be ”Bildskärmar”, that means Monitors in swedish.
https://github.com/linuxmint/mintbackup

You can raise an issue there for the backup tool. You'll also find a place there somewhere for system settings.

This is a user forum where Linux Mint users help other Linux Mint users, so github is the place to go.
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Pjotr »

This is the place for Swedish translating (and for contacting the Swedish translators):
https://translations.launchpad.net/linu ... t/+lang/sv
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

Pjotr wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:48 am This is the place for Swedish translating (and for contacting the Swedish translators):
https://translations.launchpad.net/linu ... t/+lang/sv
Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying that.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”