2 Audio Feature requests

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
dahunt
Level 1
Level 1

2 Audio Feature requests

Post by dahunt »

Hi All,

I first want to say is I commend you on your fantastic work with Linux Mint Cinnimon. I use it both at home and at work. As such is my scenerio, I use a laptop with multiple docking station locations. Due to the increasing demand for virtual meetings, it would be handy to have the following audio features available so i don't have to fumble around with settings everytime i switch places of work. Ideally, similar functionality of Cinnimon remembering desktop/monitor configurations....

Specifically:

1) Ability to select/remember default Audio Output and Input per desktop configuration... or at very least choose default audio device with fallback device.
2) Ability to change Volume up/down step size so it can better accomodate various speaker setups. (maybe remember based on docking configuration like above)

Anyhow, regardless i will be using mint for many years to come!

Cheers,

Fraser
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: 2 Audio Feature requests

Post by Moonstone Man »

dahunt wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:43 am Specifically:
I think you've posted in the wrong section, with the wrong subject line. If you change the subject to reflect the problem then click the ! icon, you can ask a moderator to move it. The reason being that the features you are looking for may already exist.

In the meantime, while you wait for an expert on audio to advise you better, take a look at Pulse Audio Volume Control, pavucontrol.
dahunt
Level 1
Level 1

Re: 2 Audio Feature requests

Post by dahunt »

I don't believe i am in the wrong spot. I have played with pavucontrol and it doesn't seem to be able to set a output audio device order. I have to manually go into the cinnamon sound setting to set the default device each time. pavucontrol doesn't seem to affect this. Anyhow this is only part of my request. My request is more about having cinnamon detect a office/standalone/home configuration and reconfigure monitor layout (already does well), audio devices, network, and any other configuration that is location and peripheral dependent all automatically. That way forgetful fools like me aren't fooling around with video camera, audio input/output devices and levels live during the first few minutes of every virtual meeting. :)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”