[SOLVED] Warpinator, SSH and iPhone

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

[SOLVED] Warpinator, SSH and iPhone

Post by Peter Linu »

Hiyall,
It seems to me that Warpinator is not a million miles from SSH Server.
Let me explain; I want to transfer music files to my iPhone 11. To do so, I need to set up an SSH Server.
If it were possible, Warpinator could probably do it with simplicity.
Is there any plan for this to be implemented?
Last edited by Peter Linu on Mon May 24, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cinnamon 21.3 Thinkcentre M920q + 2 Thinkpad T440p (modded) + Lenovo Y50-70 (all have VBs) + 2 PC NAS drives w XFCE21.2 + Q4OS-32bit on ASUS Atom (2011) + Asus UX305F-64bit+ 10yo Lenovo NAS for backup
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Warpinator, SSH and iPhone

Post by rene »

Warpinator and SSH are really very different: latter is not primarily for transferring files, is more or less able to as a bonus only. But what you are asking is whether or not Warpinator exists or will exist for iOS and the answer to that is a resounding "maybe". It is only recently that a (third-party) Android version was launched:

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=4054

and I personally expect the overlap between iOS- and Linux-developers to be smaller than between Android- and Linux-developers. As it is said in that link,
I’m also really happy to see 3rd party developers build and improve on top of what we created. When we made Warpinator we solved a need we had within Linux Mint and made the software available for all Linux distributions, but although we wouldn’t spend the resources to make it work on other OSes (Android, iOS, Windows and Mac for instance) we wanted to use simple and open technologies to make it possible for this software to be developed by others. Today, seeing someone put the effort and come up with an Android build is a really cool feeling. I’m really happy to see this happen.
I.e., there's no specific plans by the Mint team itself but certainly/undoubtedly they'd welcome a third-party iOS developer to construct an IOS app.
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Warpinator, SSH and iPhone

Post by Peter Linu »

Hi Rene,
thanx for the update.
I'll indeed wait until your colleague makes a Warpinator for iOS.
Beats the hell out of reinventing the wheel!
PeterL
Cinnamon 21.3 Thinkcentre M920q + 2 Thinkpad T440p (modded) + Lenovo Y50-70 (all have VBs) + 2 PC NAS drives w XFCE21.2 + Q4OS-32bit on ASUS Atom (2011) + Asus UX305F-64bit+ 10yo Lenovo NAS for backup

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”