[solved]Forum Query, How to post without bump?

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Lineman Maul
Level 1
Level 1

[solved]Forum Query, How to post without bump?

Post by Lineman Maul »

Hello. Is it possible to post a reply in a thread without bumping to the top of the subforum? I would like to add additional information into [solved] threads without spamming the messageboard. Thanks!
Last edited by Lineman Maul on Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
gittiest personITW
Level 12
Level 12

Re: [low priority]Forum Query, How to post without bump?

Post by gittiest personITW »

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

If there is any spamming that is another matter but any worthy and wellmeant contributions would be welcome.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Lineman Maul wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:36 pm Hello. Is it possible to post a reply in a thread without bumping to the top of the subforum?
Not as far as I know.
I would like to add additional information into [solved] threads without spamming the messageboard.
That is welcomed, as long as the threads aren't too old. If they are older than a year, we're going to ask you to refrain; if the information is really good and you must post it or you will burst, please start a new topic.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Moem wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:09 pm
Lineman Maul wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:36 pm Hello. Is it possible to post a reply in a thread without bumping to the top of the subforum?
Not as far as I know.
I would like to add additional information into [solved] threads without spamming the messageboard.
That is welcomed, as long as the threads aren't too old. If they are older than a year, we're going to ask you to refrain; if the information is really good and you must post it or you will burst, please start a new topic.
Add info--it's gonna get bumped, or new topic--Be sure to include a link to the original discussion
If it's pertinent to the discussion then add the info and let it bump--we all want to see it.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

FWIW, given that I dislike leaving bad and/or incomplete information lying around I've a few times gone back to old posts and edited them (in fact do that quite often as some here will recognize, but the point here is about explicitly old posts). Editing does not bump and although it clearly only works if one's own post(s) is/are present in the thread at all and preferably at or near the end of the existing thread, if you mark edited in text clearly with [EDIT] or some such it might generally fit that which you want to accomplish.
Lineman Maul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lineman Maul »

Thank you all. A one year limit sounds just. I like hard boundaries.
rene wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:16 amI dislike leaving bad and/or incomplete information lying around
I agree. I don't want to be known for poor information.
all41 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:30 amIf it's pertinent to the discussion then add the info and let it bump--we all want to see it.
Roger that!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”