Making the song info in the sound popup easier to read

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
i_like_yellow
Level 1
Level 1

Making the song info in the sound popup easier to read

Post by i_like_yellow »

Hi, I have a suggestion regarding the song info that displays in the sound popup (Click on the sound tray icon or press super+shift+s).

Currently, when a song is playing, this is shown (the design might vary depending on the theme you're using):

As you can see, the artist name and the song name is written with the same font size, and the artist name is displayed above the song name. This is kinda weird, as one of the main purposes of design is to lead the eye to the most important information first. I always have to spend a couple of seconds to figure out the name of the song I'm listening to, as I don't want to mix up the artist and song names.

This can be solved by adding hierarchy to the layout, which means making the most important information most visible, and the not-so-important information a little less attention-seeking. This can be done by displaying the artist name in a smaller font size, and below the song name. Also, this would make the need for the song/artist icons obsolete, so those could be removed.

I hope you will take this into consideration. I use the sound popup a lot to control the music / check up on what song I'm listening to, and except for what I wrote above, I'm really digging it!

Thanks for reading my suggestion!

- Brage

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”