Theme suggestions

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Goz
Level 3
Level 3

Theme suggestions

Post by Goz »

I was playing around with themes at a absurd hour and noticed some very annoying,what I call glitches. Every time I change the theme,the mouse changes to microscopic size and I have to keep finding/loosing it till I can enlarge it. This is very frustrating/annoying,to say the least.
Why does this happen?

Windows does not do this. Once you set your mouse size,no matter what you do to it,the mouse size stays the same as you set it. They also give you an average size mouse to start with,not one that you need a magnifying glass to see.

My suggestions: Set the mouse pointer to a medium size for people when they first pop in and when they do whatever till they change it.

Pointer size should be what the user chooses and remain that size no matter how much they play with themes.

If a person wants a microscopic mouse on their theme,let them select it,don't make it default.

I was trying to change to a light theme with the button. Each time I did,the mouse shrank,and the lettering turned white on the task bar,which I made light grey,making it very hard to read.
Yes,I can change the color of the task bar,but I want it my way.(That's why I like Linux.)
So I have to go back to my X theme.
See the problem?
So, under properties could you add text color so the user can pick what they want instead of the theme color?

Also,who thought making the Gimp theme black was a good idea?
I'm so very tired of this black theme obsession and having to change it hither and yon.
Yeah,I know I can change it,but why should I?
Let the user change it instead of making it default.

I was going to put this under my "Not everyone has 20/20 vision" but I felt this was a better place.
Anyway,I hope you will find my suggestions useful.
Think of Windows 10 as Hotel California for computers.
SuperJoker
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Theme suggestions

Post by SuperJoker »

"Pointer size should be what the user chooses and remain that size no matter how much they play with themes."

claps, claps, claps
Grayfox
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Theme suggestions

Post by Grayfox »

I run the Oxygen cursor theme.
One thing I have noticed is that it has only 3 Sizes.

Size 0 to about 33 is small
Size 34 to size 66 is medium
Size 67 to size 100 is large
So 40 and 65 are the same size
If you've set your mouse size to say 33 what would me a medium sized cursor for one theme could be tiny for another.

You might be having the same issues.
PC: Intel i5 6600K @4.5Ghz, 1TB NVMe SSD, 32GiB 3000Mhz DDR4, GTX1080 running Mint 21.3
Laptop: Asus UM425UAZ running LMDE 6

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”