[Solved] Feedback: Start Page - Linux Mint

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
dussty1981
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] Feedback: Start Page - Linux Mint

Post by dussty1981 »

This is with reference to the new website distro start page.

Code: Select all

https://www.linuxmint.com/start/ulyssa/
I do not visit Mint's website everyday. While I appreciate the update, the new colour scheme, and the simplicity of the page; the new page is not useful for me. It has been worth keeping your start page for Firefox to stay abreast of the distribution's updates and thoughts. These are my criticisms.

1. The focus of the page is the search engine.

2. Only three links on the page are relevant to Linux Mint. Two of those links are to content I haven't used since LM 17.3 and are easily found through the other link. All other content on the page sends me to Google.

3. The page does not present a format to feed content or information from the Linux Mint team to their users.

Up to now it has been worth keeping your landing page in Firefox. It has made it easy to stay abreast of what is going on with the distribution. I will miss the easy communication.
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1, kernel 5.11 on an AMD Ryzen 3600x and a Sapphire RX-5700XT Nitro
dussty1981
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [Solved] Feedback: Start Page - Linux Mint

Post by dussty1981 »

Awesome! I come back today and the blog posts are there!
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1, kernel 5.11 on an AMD Ryzen 3600x and a Sapphire RX-5700XT Nitro

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”