giving it some love xfce linux mint

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
lbrocato
Level 1
Level 1

giving it some love xfce linux mint

Post by lbrocato »

I like the way Linux mint does xfce specially with right click applications it should be the main one but should get away from Ubuntu and firefox their both going the wrong direction. you need to make brave browser the main browser and should make linux mint debian based or mx linux basedImage
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: giving it some love xfce linux mint

Post by SMG »

lbrocato wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 am should make linux mint debian based or mx linux based
There already is a Linux Mint which is Debian based. It is Linux Mint DEbian otherwise known as LMDE. We have an entire section of the forum Debian Edition Support for it.

The Desktop Environment which comes with it is Cinnamon, but I am pretty sure I have see that some people have switched to using Xfce with it. If you check that part of the forum you may find that information.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
lbrocato
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lbrocato »

SMG wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:13 pm
lbrocato wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 am should make linux mint debian based or mx linux based
There already is a Linux Mint which is Debian based. It is Linux Mint DEbian otherwise known as LMDE. We have an entire section of the forum Debian Edition Support for it.

The Desktop Environment which comes with it is Cinnamon, but I am pretty sure I have see that some people have switched to using Xfce with it. If you check that part of the forum you may find that information.
I checked it out it does not boot on my computer. But like i say ditch the whole ubutun verison and and make lmde the main version . Make it secure boot friendly
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

lbrocato wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:18 pmI checked it out it does not boot on my computer
That is possible if you have a newer computer. LMDE4 currently uses the 4.19 kernel which is too old for many newer computers.

There will be an LMDE5 based on the 5.10 kernel, but I do not know the timing for its release. You can follow the forum discussion about it here LMDE5.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”