Changes to Mint x and Mint Y icon themes

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
murkdum
Level 1
Level 1

Changes to Mint x and Mint Y icon themes

Post by murkdum »

Don't get me wrong, the action icons and folder icons are perfect. But when it comes to the taskbar / panel, not so much.

The tray icons are way too big and bulky, even after chancing the icon size. And the decision to square all application icons is bad because most of the software on the store, don't follow the square icon preset.

So the idea would be to maintain the folder icons and action icons, but make something a bit more slim for tray icons, and let the software icons stay as they are intended by the developers to avoid this on the screenshot bellow:

https://i.redd.it/be0ss0yvmbb81.png
damiantao
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Changes to Mint x and Mint Y icon themes

Post by damiantao »

Hello Murkdum,
I hope you don't mind me writing on your topic,
In the matter of Min-X icons I would be happy for the option to manualy remove "mint-x-icons" using APT without affecting the other Mate Dekstop packages.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

murkdum wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:43 am Don't get me wrong, the action icons and folder icons are perfect. But when it comes to the taskbar / panel, not so much.

The tray icons are way too big and bulky, even after chancing the icon size. And the decision to square all application icons is bad because most of the software on the store, don't follow the square icon preset.

https://i.redd.it/be0ss0yvmbb81.png
which desktop environment are you using?
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
murkdum
Level 1
Level 1

Post by murkdum »

Cinnamon as the image shows.

If Mint chose to just apply the mint y or x to just the folder icons, the whole theme would be much better. Because the mint y and x theme doesn't cover all Deb packages, snaps or flats as the image shows. It's just not doable, no theme can do that. So just implementing the folder icons and some system ones is a better decision, since debs, snaps and flatpaks follow their own application icon

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”