System Setting Screensaver Icon

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Luttim
Level 1
Level 1

System Setting Screensaver Icon

Post by Luttim »

Hi, I am mixing and matching themes and noticed something odd.
The icon for Screen Saver, in System Settings, points to system-lock-screen instead of preferences-desktop-screensaver, or something similar. The result is that the icon displayed (in various themes) is a lock, instead of say, a monitor with moon and stars. When we click on the icon there is indeed settings for both 'screensaver' and 'lock', so the icon picturing a lock is valid, but it looks odd to have an icon for 'screensaver' displaying a lock. Moreover, some icons for 'privacy' will display a lock, and it can look quite odd having two icons display a lock appearing right next to each other, with different meanings. So I would propose for the 'screensaver' icon in that place to point to a different path, as per my first sentence. Or, I would propose for the displayed text to be changed from 'screensaver' to 'locked screen', so at least the icon matches the word.

Of course, I can solve this personally by renaming my screensaver icon as system-lock-screen, but then I have a moon and stars for a lock screen. That doesn't seem the best solution.

On cinnamon 20.3

EDIT: On the same topic, in System Settings, can we have 'Nvidia Settings' point to nvidia.svg icon instead of cs-drivers.svg ? Reason being that 'Driver Manager', which is on the same row, also points to cs-drivers.svg, but they open a different app.

EDIT 2: Another one, Qt 5 settings app currently seems to point to preferences-desktop-themes. Can we instead just point it to qt.svg?

By the way, can someone confirm whether issues on this topic are handled by mint, or by ubuntu?

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”