Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
alphabet7
Level 1
Level 1

Post by alphabet7 »

I just switched for a while to Linux and I tried just a few distributions so far but Linux Mint really shines on the "just plug it in and it will run no problem" aspect. I love how after I install it, everything else I need - java, repositories, drivers, office suite, media software, codecs everything is installed from the get go and you are ready to start you work as soon as the OS finishes it's installation. I think that on Windows I would have to tinker for about 2 hours until I would have the machine set up the way I would like with all the software I use, but in Linux Mint everything I need is already installed after only 10 minutes. I never experienced such a streamlined experience, and I was blown up by the sheer stability and care the devs put in for the amazing price of just 0$. Thank you to all the people who took their time to work on this project for the common good of all people, now there really is an alternative to Windows. Thank you a lot!

TLDR: I am very pleased with the plug and play experience of Linux Mint and I thank all the devs who worked on this project.
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Feedback : The most complete stock OS I ever tried.

Post by rickNS »

alphabet7 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:19 pm I love how after I install it, everything else I need /CUT/ everything is installed from the get go
Welcome to Mint forums.

I agree with your "most complete" title.
There was a thread here "describe Linux Mint in one word", I think "most complete", although two words does describe it well. (and I do install a "few" extra packages, prety much must-haves...for me)

I have tried a quite a few different distributions myself, and some didn't even have sudo activated out of the box, (or user was not a member of sudo group, whatever, and maybe that has changed as well by now).

Also, the Mint menu is a great part of mint, it is so well organized IMO, compared to say MXLinux, a very good distro, but so many sub menus it takes a while to catch on to. And windows 10 g-forbid I don't have no reason to use, but it is a nightmare trying to find stuff on that POS.
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”