Audio sound equalization

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
ChocoMint is better
Level 1
Level 1

Audio sound equalization

Post by ChocoMint is better »

Hi, i got a simple suggestion for the OS, which is a feature that i really missed from windows as a media user that listens a lot of youtube and music, is the extra option in the windows audio settings to enable having the OS try and "level" or auto-equalize loudness of the audio played by the computer so that the user doesn't has to be constantly changing the audio levels in an audio per audio, video per video, or moment by moment basis.

I've asked about this before, and while there was a potential solution for this which involved a custom bash, it was not ideal and it would have to be started each time the computer booted, not to mention it made a mess of audio detection from the computer. There are a few things here and there that i miss about windows, but NONE i miss constantly as much as not having to change audio levels all the time thanks to that feature.
lamar
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Audio sound equalization

Post by lamar »

take a look at pulseeffects available in synaptic manager
lamar
ChocoMint is better
Level 1
Level 1

lamar wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:51 am take a look at pulseeffects available in synaptic manager
As far as i understand pulseeffects gets bad rep for being very resource intensive. While in theory yes, it is what im looking for, i was wondering if a simpler and less intensive solution could be packaged with the OS.
lamar
Level 3
Level 3

Post by lamar »

it has compression,limiter, eq, and several features too many to list. I have been using it for some time in cinnamon 23.3 works for me without changing any settings
good luck
lamar
ChocoMint is better
Level 1
Level 1

lamar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:27 pm it has compression,limiter, eq, and several features too many to list. I have been using it for some time in cinnamon 23.3 works for me without changing any settings
good luck
I will give it a try myself then, whenever someone brought up PE a lot of people quickly told me not to bother since its not considered a good tool by many.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”