Forum search tool

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
stretch611
Level 1
Level 1

Forum search tool

Post by stretch611 »

I was in the networking area trying to figure out a NFS/Mint 21 problem.

I generally try to do a search before post to make sure that someone else did not post a similar issue before me. However, when I tried to search the Networking area for "NFS" I was told that I needed at least 4 letters to search as "NFS" was too common.

Needless to say I found this to be a bit harsh and I was wondering if maybe the tool can be modified to allow some 3 letter combinations to be search. I can understand why you do not want to allow searching on "AND" or "THE", but I am sure there are a few 3 letter acronyms in addition to "NFS" that a search should be an allowed case.
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Forum search tool

Post by RIH »

BB search tools are poor. Unfortunately that is down to phpBB & there is nothing Admin can do about that.

If you want to search the Forum (for anything, not just 3 letter words) then it is better to use your browser search engine, like this...
Search a Forum for a specific item – so search linuxmint.com for ZFS

ZFS site:forums.linuxmint.com
stretch611
Level 1
Level 1

Post by stretch611 »

Thank you. Sad to hear that but I understand.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

If you use Firefox you can install the extension Search Site WE. This allows you to do a search without limitations, here and on all web sites.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”