LMDE5 is a world-class distro! Thank you to the LM team!

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
runmint
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE5 is a world-class distro! Thank you to the LM team!

Post by runmint »

Just wanted to say thank you again to the LM team for LMDE5. I've been using it intensively over about the last month and it has been great, rock solid, reliable, no hiccups or issues so far. For my usage and hardware that I've been testing it out on, this has been one of the best distros I've ever experienced. LM21 is also great, to be sure, and I highly recommend it, but LMDE5 seems a little more special to me, mainly because I prefer the more direct Debian roots compared to LM21.

Many thanks to the LM team and the community. Here's to hoping that LMDE will take its place as the headline distro for LM at some point in the near future. I understand that LMDE5's goal is "to ensure Linux Mint can continue to deliver the same user experience if Ubuntu was ever to disappear," etc., etc., and there are a couple of items that are not yet in it (i.e. compared to LM21 - driver manager, easier kernel management, etc.), but for my needs and preferences, LMDE5 is a world-class distro today, right now, ready to rock and roll! Thanks again and I will definitely send another humble donation of gratitude for your great work!
Last edited by SMG on Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from LMDE:Beginner Questions to Suggestions & Feedback because there is no question.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Re: LMDE5 is a world-class distro! Thank you to the LM team!

Post by MurphCID »

Completely agree. LMDE5 is solid and reliable.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”