Replace blueman with blueberry

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
viveksreedharan
Level 1
Level 1

Replace blueman with blueberry

Post by viveksreedharan »

Hi. My humble request to Linux Mint. The latest version of Linux mint.. LM21 Cinnamon. you guys have replaced blueberry with blueman. As much as I support change, blueman is full of bugs. There is often one or other issue bluetooth connectivity issue. Please restore blueberry back! We dont need fancy features, just a basic working one. This is heavily impacting user experience. We just need a working bluetooth manager, rather than buggy one! Please consider this suggesion!
Last edited by SMG on Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Open Chat to Suggestions & Feedback because this is a suggestion for a change to Linux Mint.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Replace blueman with blueberry

Post by AndyMH »

My experience is exactly the opposite, so a change I welcomed. One of my standard routines on a fresh install of previous LM versions was to replace blueberry with blueman. I found blueberry buggy. If you go into the repos for ubuntu 19.04 or mint 20.x you can download the deb for blueberry
https://pkgs.org/download/blueberry
Whether you will encounter dependency issues on install, don't know.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”