DVD request: Clipboard manager + video editor

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
den1m

DVD request: Clipboard manager + video editor

Post by den1m »

I suggest including a clipboard manager like glipper or parcellite in the DVD release.

I would also like to se a video editor, since many edit theyre online videos these days. I dont understand why ubuntu chose pitivi since you cant do much with it, like adding effects etc, openshot has this and is the one i like. It has tons of feutures (not as much as kdenlive though) but wrapped in a very easy to use package. You dont get as overwhelmed by it as you get with kdenlive, so for people that are not experienced in video editing it will be a great choise, and do all the editing more experienced users would need too. Suggest a mint-theme in green for the developer, i bet he'll put it in there. Openshot also runs very stable and fast now, plus its GTK and will run faster on gnome than kdenlive.

I dont understand why you cant put in pidgin-otr for encrypted chats too, it hardly take up any space and is a great security feature and is one of the big advantages in pidgin.

Besides that, i wish TOR was put in the mint repositaries so i can find it when i search for it in synaptic. I also have a 5870 card now in my brand new computer, tried a mint install trough windows and just get a black screen when i try to reboot. I dont know what the driver status on that is, but now i just have mint on my laptop. Just thought i'd mention it.

Besides that, keep up the good work!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”