Photivo

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
LughClyde

Photivo

Post by LughClyde »

In my conversion from Win7 to LM 10, I'm trying to get the same photo editing capability that I had in Photoshop with a few filters. GIMP is pretty good, but not quite there. I found an editing tool that works with GIMP and gives a lot of high-end editing power that isn't even in Photoshop. It's very good! Check it out here:

http://photivo.org/photivo/download_and_setup

The problem is that it doesn't come in any package. It took me a couple of days to compile the thing. (I'm not a developer and wasn't setup for all those libraries and dependencies.) I did get it compiled and it runs great under LM 10 RC 64 bit.

I'm suggesting that someone seriously look at helping this guy package Photivo and getting it in our repositories. It goes a long way to increasing the high-end photo editing in Linux.

Thanks,
Clyde
adam933

Re: Photivo

Post by adam933 »

Hi Clyde,

I finally got Photivo compiled in Mint 9 Isadora 32 bit, but I couldn't get it to run. It would exit a with message that said "Can't open LensfunDatabase".

I then noticed that the line preceeding the error stated that "the Shared folder is .photivo". When I tried to copy the LensfunDatabase folder to the .photivo folder, there was no .photivo folder in my Home directory. Once I created the .photivo folder under my Home folder (and copied the LensfunDatabase folder into it - probably not necessary), Photivo came right up with no errors.

Hope this helps others to try Photivo. Be sure you use the QT4 version of "qmake", and not the QT3 version when compiling.
headlights

Post by headlights »

You can use the Ubuntu ppa to install it. To compile it your self is no longer needed

see: http://www.flickr.com/groups/photivo/di ... 170578959/

Ubuntu based distro's like Mint:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install photivo
Computing

Post by Computing »

Tried this in Ubuntu 18.04.
First two steps work but third gives this error.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package photivo

I have Nikon .nef files and every raw viewer/editor so far seems to make them look too dark, washed out, etc.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”