Automatic clock synchronization

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Automatic clock synchronization

Post by NiksaVel »

Hey... since we just changed clocks around here in Croatia due to daylight savings time... I've noticed that all my windows and ubuntu comps changed their clocks accordingly.. but not mint... the clock sync is disabled (set to manual) by default.... IMHO it would be logical to have it automated in todays standards...

:P
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
Husse

Post by Husse »

Hi NiksaVel
Haven't heard from you in a while...
I'm not sure you're right - my clock has changed, but I booted into WinXP first so that may be it....
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

hey husse... it's good to be back... had a lot of work-related time issues and weren't near a computer a lot lately....

it's definitely set to manual... both in celena and cassandra kde... in fact it asked me to install some aditional packages (NTP or something similar) when I set it to auto sync)...
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

Husse wrote:I'm not sure you're right - my clock has changed
My clock not change i had to do it by hand. (Daryna)
NiKsaVel this in the certain thing.
Greetings;
Agust
Sorensei
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sorensei »

Well, mine changed, too... (Cassandra) :wink:
I don't have a solution, but I do admire the problem.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

NiksaVel wrote:it's definitely set to manual... both in celena and cassandra kde... in fact it asked me to install some aditional packages (NTP or something similar) when I set it to auto sync
Yes if you want auto sync (with internet server) you must install ntp packages :wink:
If not you will have to set up your clock by hand.

By default in Cassandra Gnome it is set to manual... but if installed ntp is not a service which slowed booting? :roll:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”