[TUTORIAL] Typing Esperanto Characters on Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

Write tutorials for Linux Mint here
There are more tutorials here http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/welcome
Forum rules
Please don't add support questions to tutorials, start your own topic in the appropriate sub-forum instead. Before you post please read this
kalwisti
Level 1
Level 1

[TUTORIAL] Typing Esperanto Characters on Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

Post by kalwisti »

Greetings / Korajn salutojn,

I wrote a tutorial on how to type Esperanto characters (i.e., the supersigns or ĉapelitaj literoj) on Mint 19.3 Cinnamon. It describes two different methods: the "out-of-the-box" method (which does not require installing a separate keyboard layout); and the method which uses a dedicated Esperanto keyboard layout.

I should mention that the instructions are English (US)-centric [for a locale of en_US.UTF-8].

The document is 14 pages long (799 KB) and includes screenshots. It was typeset with LaTeX using the hyperref package.

It has been shared from the Keep&Share link below:

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc5/31285 ... -818k?da=y

The tutorial should open in Preview mode. If you would like to download it, just click on the Download icon:

Last edited by kalwisti on Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Registered Linux User # 442201

Linux Mint 20.3 "Una" Cinnamon ed. (64-bit)

Lenovo ThinkCentre M800 SFF: Intel Core i3-6100, 16 GB RAM, Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 530
Pedro Laia
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [TUTORIAL] Typing Esperanto Characters on Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

Post by Pedro Laia »

If you have a portuguese keyboard it's very easy, since the keyboard already has the accents ~^

You just need to type first the accent, then the letter.

For ˘ you just need to type first the key ~ with AltGr + Shift and then the letter U

Saluton ! :)
kalwisti
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [TUTORIAL] Typing Esperanto Characters on Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

Post by kalwisti »

Oi, Pedro,

Thank you for your reply about the Portuguese keyboard layout. (Dankon elkoran pro via respondo pri la klavaro portugala).

I should have clarified in my original post that my tutorial is English (US)-centric. :oops: I have just modified the post.

Saluton reciprokan al vi! :) ('Greetings to you, too').
Registered Linux User # 442201

Linux Mint 20.3 "Una" Cinnamon ed. (64-bit)

Lenovo ThinkCentre M800 SFF: Intel Core i3-6100, 16 GB RAM, Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 530

Return to “Tutorials”