Epson BX535WD successfully & wirelessly installed

Write tutorials here
There are more tutorials here http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/welcome
Forum rules
Please don't add support questions to tutorials,start your own thread in the appropriate sub-forum instead. Before you post please read this
robenroute
Level 2
Level 2

Epson BX535WD successfully & wirelessly installed

Postby robenroute » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:20 pm

I just wanted to let people know I've successfully installed a new Epson Stylus Office BX535WD as my new wireless All-in-One (using Maya-64). I've tested/checked and both printing (incl. duplex) and scanning work wirelessly:

1. Installed the printer under Windows 7 (and did the proposed printer firmware update (not the driver, the firmware!) - not sure this is needed to get everything working wirelessly);
2. Manually configured the 535 to have a fixed IP address (to suit my network set-up);
3. Downloaded the Epson software from http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX (correct, from Epson, not from Avasys; they have older packages/versions!);
4. Installed (from above site): 1.) Full Feature Printer Driver package (not the generic), 2.) Core Package & Data Package, and 3.) Network Plugin Package - No other configuration and or settings had to be done;
5. Added the printer via CUPS (localhost:631), selecting the proper BX535WD driver (printer was automatically detected; 4 printers were detected (physically the same unit), I just picked the very first one);

Wireless scanning works via Xsane, Simple Scan and Gimp, (not via Image Scan! for Linux).

Hope this helps.

P.S. I haven't checked accessing the memory card reader present in the 535 via Linux.

pdc_2
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Epson BX535WD successfully & wirelessly installed

Postby pdc_2 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:57 pm

well done; very helpful for folks following in your wake

mucatah
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mucatah » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:21 am

thanks a lot

robenroute
Level 2
Level 2

Postby robenroute » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:05 pm

After installing Qiana (Cinnamon 64-bit), I just thought I'd update the procedure:

- Download the Epson software (4 packages!) from http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX - 32- and 64-bit versions both available!
- Install in this order:
1. epson-inkjet-printer-201106w_1.0.1-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb
2. iscan-data_1.28.0-2_all.deb
3. iscan_2.29.3-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_amd64.deb
4. iscan-network-nt_1.1.1-1_amd64.deb
- Add the printer via CUPS (localhost:631). Make sure to select the driver from Epson (not the Gutenprint).

All should be well now. I had to install XSane, as Simple Scan and Image Scan! for Linux don't work. But using XSane, scanning wirelessly works just fine.

Return to “Tutorials”