Solve problems with Chirp

Write tutorials here
There are more tutorials here http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/welcome
Forum rules
Please don't add support questions to tutorials,start your own thread in the appropriate sub-forum instead. Before you post please read this
lisanti69
Level 1
Level 1

Solve problems with Chirp

Post by lisanti69 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:16 pm

If anyone is having problems with Chirp in Linuxmint 18 this is how I got it working. I first went to User groups and added the the group dialout to my user rebooted and found that CHirp was still not working to access my radio. so I uninstalled the chirp that came with Linuxmint 18 and added the this ppa sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots you can also add the pps through the software manager just go to edit then software sources then ppas and then add a new ppa and then add in ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots. Once you add the PPA install the chirpdaily package and then it will work or at least it did for me.

sprinks
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Solve problems with Chirp

Post by sprinks » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:11 pm

This solved my problems,thanks

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Solve problems with Chirp

Post by jimallyn » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:19 am

I've been using Chirp daily for several months and never had any problems with it. Welcome to the Linux Mint forums, lisanti69!

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Tutorials”