How To: Fix flash going too fast

Write tutorials for Linux Mint here
More tutorials on https://github.com/orgs/linuxmint/discu ... /tutorials and (archive) on https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial
Forum rules
Don't add support questions to tutorials; start your own topic in the appropriate sub-forum instead. Before you post read forum rules
H4x0r18

How To: Fix flash going too fast

Post by H4x0r18 »

Introduction:

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and this is actually my very first post on the Linux Mint forum. I joined not just because of this fix I figured out but because I like to help contribute to Linux and everything else Linux related. Shall we begin? :D

Explanation/Issue:

Youtube or any other flash video on the web just goes way too fast, its like fast fowarding the video and the sound is really bad.

Fix:

1. Completely uninstall any flash plugins:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge lightspark
sudo apt-get purge swfdec-mozilla
sudo apt-get purge mozilla-plugin-gnash
sudo apt-get purge adobe-flashplugin
sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-nonfree
sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer
rm -f /home/**/.mozilla/plugins/*flash*so
rm -rf /home/**/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/Macromed/Flash
sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/libflashplayer.so
2. Completely uninstall all pulseaudio:

Linux Mint/Ubuntu Menu > Software Manager > search: pulseaudio > Remove ALL pulseaudio that you can

3. Install Flash (In this tutorial, I will be using gnash):

Linux Mint/Ubuntu Menu > Package Manager > search: gnash > Install mozilla-plugin-gnash (It should install all you need)

4. Finally:

After installing everything that "mozilla-plugin-gnash" package needed, then restart your Firefox browser and test it on a Flash video.

Conclusion:

If all goes well in this tutorial, it should fix the fast fowarding in the flash videos and the audio as well. Good Luck, everyone! :wink:
rajke88

Re: How To: Fix flash going too fast

Post by rajke88 »

That is not solution.
This is solution: At least in my case.
Go go your sound settings and choose correct playback device. It made my flash plugin work again normally.
It was on my RV710/730 HDMI Audio and sound was messed up. Flash was loading too fast.. When i changed it to Built-in Audio Analog Stereo, everything was working fine again.

Return to “Tutorials”