Several items in english, but translations are at 100%

Help translate Linux Mint to other languages
Forum rules
No support questions here please. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
glaucoh

Several items in english, but translations are at 100%

Post by glaucoh »

In this screenshot from latest LinuxMint with Cinnamon, is possible to see several items in english, even one in pt-pt, despite the fact that I'm running the system in pt-br.
mint_menu.jpg
As a former Ubuntu translation team member, I went to launchpad to help but I have found that both linuxmint and cinnamon pt-br translations are at 100%, so there's nothing to do there.

So, this is a bug or is there something I could do to help?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mokito

Re: Several items in english, but translations are at 100%

Post by mokito »

sorry for highjacking your topic but theres's a similar issue with my Maya MATE version.... pt-PT is the default language but there are things still in english... but not sure if the translations are at 100% (since this is a gnome variation).. where can i check the translations on launchpad?

any link?

RacerBG

Post by RacerBG »

Im using Bulgarian 100% translated distro and I have this problem too... Looks like not everything is translated considering that it should be.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

This topic is over a year old and so probably not the best place to discuss different, though related, issues. Application categories appearing in English on your Cinnamon menu, despite you using a different language, is a known bug of older Cinnamon versions: https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/1286. It is fixed in Cinnamon 1.8 and above. So you are probably using Linux Mint 13 or 14, which have older Cinnamon versions. Linux Mint 15 has Cinnamon 1.8 and so that release, or Linux Mint 16, would solve your problem.

Return to “Translations”