Translating Nemo

Help translate Linux Mint to other languages
Forum rules
No support questions here please. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Faroe

Translating Nemo

Post by Faroe »

Hi everybody, and please forgive me for being a newbie when it comes to Linux Mint.

I recently installed LMDE 201403 Cinnamon to try it out. So far I like it a lot. After I selected Finnish as the system language I noticed that there was no Finnish version of Nemo included in my installation. The message catalog in /usr/share/cinnamon/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/nemo.mo was basically empty (510 bytes, 1 message).

Then I went looking for the Finnish translation on Launchpad and found out that most of Nemo has in fact been translated, so I downloaded the .po file there and started filling the remaining gaps. I now have it almost completely translated and I have uploaded my suggestions to the translation page in Launchpad.

I'm totally new to all this translation business, but I know my way around Linux. Here is my inevitable newbie question: What can I do to help get the Finnish version of Nemo included in the next releases of Mint and LMDE?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Translations”