Mint KDE introduction documentation or manual.....

Help translate Linux Mint to other languages
Forum rules
No support questions here please. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Scott_CA
Level 1
Level 1

Mint KDE introduction documentation or manual.....

Post by Scott_CA »

A user in another Linux forum asked about an introductory manual to the KDE 'plasma' desktop, and I was surprised to find there is no English version for Mint KDE listed on the Mint website--only Cinnamon-- or if there is I haven't found it. There are versions for other languages.

So I wrote one. I modified the existing Mint Cinnamon 17.3 version linked in the Mint website, replacing the Cinnamon-specific information. Much of the guide works for both (all Mint?) desktops. What I need is guidance on what to do with it, how and who to contact within the Mint community. It needs editing, and other decisions relative to the Linux Mint User Guide need to be made (add a 15 page KDE section to the Cinnamon version or keep the guides separate, etc.).

Perhaps it already exists, isn't worth the trouble to add to the system, or there other factors of which I am unaware, but a companion to the Cinnamon version at..... https://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php .... now exists for Linux Mint 17.3 KDE.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint KDE introduction documentation or manual.....

Post by xenopeek »

Thanks for the work! I've contacted you by private message on how best to get it reviewed and uploaded to the server.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Mint KDE introduction documentation or manual.....

Post by BG405 »

I too am very grateful for your efforts. I was surprised to find no English documentation for KDE (and Xfce). Many thanks! 8)
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE

Return to “Translations”