Page 1 of 1

I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:26 am
by greengreen
Hi,

What is the deadline for submitting translation suggestions to launchpad for 20.04 LTS based Mint Cinnamon?

Thank you.

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:40 pm
by xenopeek
Do you mean translations for software developed by Linux Mint for Linux Mint 20? Linux Mint 20 will probably be released mid this year but there is no set release date, or cut-off date for translations. I'd guess if you aim to have translations done somewhere in May it should be in time.

For translations for software components from the Ubuntu LTS 20.04 package base I can't say but would be this month I think as Ubuntu LTS 20.04 is planned for release next month.

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:32 pm
by greengreen
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry that my English is not clear. I am not a native English speaker.

I'm currently putting a translation in the launchpad for cinnamon-desktop-environment, but I'm worried that this activity will be in time for Mint Version 20.
I wanted to know the time limit.It can be approximate.
Maybe in May?

Thank you

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:44 pm
by greengreen
Hi,

Ubuntu 20.04LTS released and It's May now.
Linux Mint 20 is scheduled to be released in June.

If anyone knows the specific deadline for translating into LaunchPad for Linux Mint 20, please let me know.
To work hard towards the deadline.

Thank you.

greengreen

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:50 pm
by Kadaitcha Man
greengreen wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:44 pm
If anyone knows the specific deadline for translating into LaunchPad for Linux Mint 20, please let me know.
To work hard towards the deadline.
Maybe you missed this:
xenopeek wrote:there is no set release date

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:59 pm
by greengreen
Kadaitcha Man wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:50 pm
greengreen wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:44 pm
If anyone knows the specific deadline for translating into LaunchPad for Linux Mint 20, please let me know.
To work hard towards the deadline.
Maybe you missed this:
xenopeek wrote:there is no set release date
It will be released in June in the April article of the Linux Mint blog.
https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3890

greengreen

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:02 pm
by Kadaitcha Man
greengreen wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:59 pm
Kadaitcha Man wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:50 pm
greengreen wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:44 pm
If anyone knows the specific deadline for translating into LaunchPad for Linux Mint 20, please let me know.
To work hard towards the deadline.
Maybe you missed this:
xenopeek wrote:there is no set release date
It will be released in June in the April article of the Linux Mint blog.
https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3890
How convenient that you continue to ignore the fact that there is no release date. As always, a Linux Mint release is ready when it's ready.

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:03 pm
by MrEen
Be aware that it says this (emphasis mine):
Work continues on Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” which is planned for June this year.

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:08 pm
by greengreen
I will take care of my English word usage.

I don't want to know the Linux Mint 20 release date, but the translation deadline.

greengreen

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:10 pm
by Kadaitcha Man
greengreen wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:08 pm
I ... want to know ... the translation deadline.
Clearly, if there is no defined release date then there cannot be a deadline.

I fail to see what is so difficult to grasp about that.

There are no developers here. Try the community site: https://community.linuxmint.com/

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:39 pm
by greengreen
Thank you for your reply.

The day will come when the translations entered in LanchPad for the Linux Mint packages will be siphoned by the Project team.
That should be reflected in the LM20.
Knowing when it will be the driving force for me to help with translation.

For example, "2 weeks before the release is a guideline for the deadline"
I wonder if that is something I can't even guess?
If so, I will look at the situation. :|

greengreen

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:40 am
by smurphos
https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-t ... its/master

Translations are synced on the day of release of any new Cinnamon version. You can note from the commit history that for Cinnamon 4.4.x the first 4.4.x tagged release was towards the end of November which was about a week before the 19.3 beta. There were further translation updates part way through the beta, and then another a couple of weeks after stable release. So no deadline as such, but once Cinnamon 4.6.0 is tagged for release (I suspect this will happen in 2 to 3 weeks time) then you are looking at around a month before the stable release of Mint. I suspect the beta for Mint 20 will be longer than for recent releases as it's a new Ubuntu base.

Of course Arch Cinnamon users will appreciate translations being up to date on the initial tagged release of 4.6.x so if you want to help keep them happy aim to get translations up to date in the next couple of weeks and keep your eyes open for new translatable strings over the next few weeks.,

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:59 am
by greengreen
smurphos wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:40 am
https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-t ... its/master

Translations are synced on the day of release of any new Cinnamon version. You can note from the commit history that for Cinnamon 4.4.x the first 4.4.x tagged release was towards the end of November which was about a week before the 19.3 beta. There were further translation updates part way through the beta, and then another a couple of weeks after stable release. So no deadline as such, but once Cinnamon 4.6.0 is tagged for release (I suspect this will happen in 2 to 3 weeks time) then you are looking at around a month before the stable release of Mint. I suspect the beta for Mint 20 will be longer than for recent releases as it's a new Ubuntu base.

Of course Arch Cinnamon users will appreciate translations being up to date on the initial tagged release of 4.6.x so if you want to help keep them happy aim to get translations up to date in the next couple of weeks and keep your eyes open for new translatable strings over the next few weeks.,
Thank you for your constant helping.
That's nice information.
I'll do my best to translate towards LM20.

greengreen

PS. I love the themes you proposed previously

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:50 am
by JosephM
New translations are pulled and updated pretty much right up the the release of Mint. And sometimes can even happen after if there is a good reason.

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:21 pm
by greengreen
JosephM wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:50 am
New translations are pulled and updated pretty much right up the the release of Mint. And sometimes can even happen after if there is a good reason.
Thank you comment.

New app "Warpinator" which will be installed on LN20 has been listed on LaunchPad translation page.
I expect it to be exactly what you say.

greengreen

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:06 am
by greengreen
Information feedback

It seems that the translation was pulled at this timing.

https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-t ... its/master

greengreen

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:20 am
by koelek
I found great information here, thank you.

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:07 am
by greengreen
greengreen wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:59 am
smurphos wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:40 am
https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-t ... its/master

Translations are synced on the day of release of any new Cinnamon version. You can note from the commit history that for Cinnamon 4.4.x the first 4.4.x tagged release was towards the end of November which was about a week before the 19.3 beta. There were further translation updates part way through the beta, and then another a couple of weeks after stable release. So no deadline as such, but once Cinnamon 4.6.0 is tagged for release (I suspect this will happen in 2 to 3 weeks time) then you are looking at around a month before the stable release of Mint. I suspect the beta for Mint 20 will be longer than for recent releases as it's a new Ubuntu base.

Of course Arch Cinnamon users will appreciate translations being up to date on the initial tagged release of 4.6.x so if you want to help keep them happy aim to get translations up to date in the next couple of weeks and keep your eyes open for new translatable strings over the next few weeks.,
The translation I had done was in time for LM20 beta.
Thanks to your information.
Thank you again

greengreen

Re: I want to know the deadline for translation for 20.04LTS based Mint Cinnamon.

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:05 pm
by greengreen
I'll record here the deadline on LaunchPad leading up to Linux Mint 20.

For translators,Github Commits = the once deadline on LaunchPad

Github Commits July 28, 2019
Github Commits November 26, 2019
ver.19.3 BETA released December 3, 2019
Github Commits December 11, 2019
ver.19.3 released December 18, 2019
Github Commits January 06, 2020
Github Commits May 12, 2020 ↓
ver.20BETA released June 14, 2020
Github Commits June 17, 2020 ↓
It came down June 18, 2020
Github Commits June 24, 2020 ↓
It came down June 24, 2020
ver.20 released June 28, 2020
Github Commits xx/xx/xx