Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Mint almost installed, but Nvidia driver issue

Post by mrniceguy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Previous thread: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=296931&p=1657231#p1657231

Got most of the way through installing Mint 19.1 xfce with the much appreciated help of athi. Seems to be a driver issue preventing a successful install.

It's an Nvidia GT200 GeForce GTX 260 video card. Installed the 'nouveau' driver, which resulted in black screen. Next installed the 'recommended' Nvidia 340 driver, which causes the following: Background has red pixels scattered around. If it allows me to type my password (sometimes it doesn't), nothing happens when I hit Enter. About half a minute later it goes to black screen.

Since I can't login, I can't paste inxi - Fxz. I can go to 'root' in the grub screen, type inxi -Fxz and write some of the results down and bring it to this computer and type it in. Just tell me exactly what you need to see, other than the card model # and the driver (nvidia 340.107)

Researching this issue indicates that going back years, a lot of people have been having major problems installing Linux if they have Nvidia graphics cards. I don't know the whole backstory but it seems a little ridiculous that this problem hasn't been fixed - it's a major graphics card company.

Tried out a few solutions before starting this thread. None of them work.

Such as:

Code: Select all

apt-get install nvidia-current
gives this: Package nvidia-current is not available but is referred to by another package

apt install nvidia-current-driver
doesn't work.

sudo apt-get --purge remove xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
doesn't work.

killall X 
does absolutely nothing.

Larry78723
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mint almost installed, but Nvidia driver issue

Post by Larry78723 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Does it run ok on the install media?

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:32 pm

I can run a live session off the DVD.

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:13 pm

How do I remove the open source driver? Is it

$ gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-nouveau.conf
I'll do that in a live session if it's possible. I got that from here: https://www.techradar.com/how-to/comput ... ux-1327223
Optionally, you can also blacklist the nouveau driver to prevent it from installing itself during a system update or uninstall them completely.

If you want to do this, edit the following config file with:

$ gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-nouveau.conf

Once in the file, add the following lines at the end and save the file.

blacklist nouveau

blacklist lbm-nouveauoptions nouveau modeset=0

alias nouveau off

alias lbm-nouveau off
Not sure what it's saying. Nouveau is already installed. I want to remove it because I read somewhere else that both drivers can't be installed at the same time. That quote is either saying it'll prevent it from installing itself (too late for that) OR it'll uninstall it, or it's saying both. Which is it?

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:48 pm

I opened a live session to install the repository, to get more drivers and get whatever else might be necessary which wasn't already installed.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

sudo apt-get update
A Nvidia 304 driver appeared in Driver Manager. Great! Maybe I can use that. But first I want to see if the 340(recommended) driver works now that nouveau has been purged.

I thought I had purged the nouveau driver. I booted into the actual Mint OS to see if it worked. It didn't. Booted again and started over.

The 304 driver is missing. I have to install it again.

After reinstalling the PPA again, attempted to delete the nvidia-340.

sudo apt-get purge nvidia-340
Got this:
Package dependencies cannot be resolved
This error could be caused by required additional software packages which are missing or not installable. Furthermore there could be a conflict between software packages which are not allowed to be installed at the same time.

The following packages have ummet dependencies
nvidia-304: Depends: x11-common (>=1:7.0.0) but 1:7.7+19 ubuntu 7.1 is to be installed
depends: libgcc1 (>=1:4.2) but 1:8.5.0-6 ubuntu ~ 18.04.1 is to be installed
Depends: xorg-video-abi-23 but uit is a virtual package
Any help would be appreciated

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:38 pm

How do you purge all video drivers? Nothing I'm doing is working.

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:31 pm

I've been looking up solutions and terminal commands for 2 days. Nearly every command I type in terminal gives me error messages. Even if these solutions work, I can't find out, because of the errors. Could somebody please help me.

Example:
sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall

ERROR: root.plugin /usr/share/ubuntu-drivers-common/detect/arm-gles.py failed: Traceback (most recent call last):.......

athi
Level 5
Level 5

Post by athi » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Found this solved post on problem with GeForce GTX260 video card, check out the solution at end of post.
viewtopic.php?t=204974
Mint Mate 19.1. Main rig is HP 800G2 I5 6500 16GB ram, 120GB boot drive, 2x3TB, 1x4TB data drives. Oldest rig is Mate 18.3 on Dell D620 with 32bits core2duo.

redx87
Level 2
Level 2

Post by redx87 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:04 am

mrniceguy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:04 pm

It's an Nvidia GT200 GeForce GTX 260 video card. Installed the 'nouveau' driver, which resulted in black screen. Next installed the 'recommended' Nvidia 340 driver, which causes the following: Background has red pixels scattered around. If it allows me to type my password (sometimes it doesn't), nothing happens when I hit Enter. About half a minute later it goes to black screen.
I don't know if this is any help to you but when I installed my Linux Mint 19.01 it booted up nicely and I was able to intall the correct driver for my Nvidia card using the following procedure. After completing this procedure my card and all it's features was recognised and I've had no problems with it.

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 card and have it running in my Linux Mint 19.01 64bit cinnamon desktop pc.

The steps I used to get it running were as follows -

I first found which driver was needed for this card on the Nvidia website -

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverR ... 7582/en-us

A search showed I needed version #418. and after getting that information I did this -

1. Add the graphics driver repository to the system with the following command in a command Terminal (without the quotes)

“sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa”

2. Then update the system with -

“sudo apt update” (again without quotes)

3. Exit terminal when done and then open Linux Mint “Driver Manager” from the start menu, and select the Nvidia driver number you need from the list. It takes some time for the change to complete.

4. Restart O/S when prompted.

This procedure installs a bunch of Nvidia Linux drivers from #390 upwards. I used #418 for my gtx 1050 graphics card and when I had changed to that number my problem was solved.

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:39 am

redx87 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:04 am
mrniceguy wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:04 pm

I don't know if this is any help to you but when I installed my Linux Mint 19.01 it booted up nicely and I was able to intall the correct driver for my Nvidia card using the following procedure. After completing this procedure my card and all it's features was recognised and I've had no problems with it.

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 card and have it running in my Linux Mint 19.01 64bit cinnamon desktop pc.

The steps I used to get it running were as follows -

I first found which driver was needed for this card on the Nvidia website -

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverR ... 7582/en-us

A search showed I needed version #418. and after getting that information I did this -

1. Add the graphics driver repository to the system with the following command in a command Terminal (without the quotes)

“sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa”

2. Then update the system with -

“sudo apt update” (again without quotes)

3. Exit terminal when done and then open Linux Mint “Driver Manager” from the start menu, and select the Nvidia driver number you need from the list. It takes some time for the change to complete.

4. Restart O/S when prompted.

This procedure installs a bunch of Nvidia Linux drivers from #390 upwards. I used #418 for my gtx 1050 graphics card and when I had changed to that number my problem was solved.
I already got the PPA, twice. The PPA adds the 304 driver. Nvidia's site says I'm supposed to use the 340 driver which was already available. Had no luck with that, although that may be because the 'nouveau' driver isn't getting purged.
athi wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 pm
Found this solved post on problem with GeForce GTX260 video card, check out the solution at end of post.
viewtopic.php?t=204974
I will attempt to install the 340 driver again correctly. What is the correct boot procedure before I can perform these tasks? would I need be in a live session (compatibility mode), or in the HDD OS (recovery mode) with 'nomodeset' added?

If that doesn't work I am also going to try purging both drivers and installing the 304 driver. But what order do I do things in? Purge both of them first? In nomodeset recovery mode? THEN get the PPA? Or do I get the PPA first? After I get the PPA, do I install it immediately, or do I purge the other drivers first?

If this:

sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
removes nouveau, does this

sudo rm nvidia-340
remove the nvidia 340 driver? Or is it

sudo rm nvidia-340.107
, or is it

sudo rm nvidia-340.107-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
?

zcot
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zcot » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:07 pm

nvidia-304 does not work on Mint 19.x/Ubuntu 18.04, and actually the package was removed in the repositories. And it will not work, even with using ppa or something, -it has to do with deep system package compatibility.

There's plenty of internet guides showing how to do nvidia-304 on Ubuntu16.04/Mint 18.x or earlier, but none with Ubuntu18.04/Mint 19.x or later so be cautious. And even nvidia-current is no good on Mint 19.x. The driver manager is the very easiest way to deal with this, even whether or not you are using the ppa. It's very simple, click it and reboot.

use nomodeset. check in the release notes for section "solving freezes" to see an example of doing it temporarily or if you can manage then /etc/default/grub and change the area "quiet splash" to "quiet splash nomodeset", keeping the other existing parameters in place too.

It's unfortunate you're having a struggle. It looks like someone else got in the way at the very early point of just using the nomodeset parameter.

It will probably boot into some horrible mesa mode since nouveau was possibly removed/broken/blacklisted. Then you can work on installing nvidia-340 with the driver manager. I personally would give the nouveau back, it's a good functional fallback and there's no harm at all with it installed and potentially functioning when/if needed.

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:06 pm

zcot wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:07 pm
nvidia-304 does not work on Mint 19.x/Ubuntu 18.04, and actually the package was removed in the repositories. And it will not work, even with using ppa or something, -it has to do with deep system package compatibility.

There's plenty of internet guides showing how to do nvidia-304 on Ubuntu16.04/Mint 18.x or earlier, but none with Ubuntu18.04/Mint 19.x or later so be cautious. And even nvidia-current is no good on Mint 19.x. The driver manager is the very easiest way to deal with this, even whether or not you are using the ppa. It's very simple, click it and reboot.

use nomodeset. check in the release notes for section "solving freezes" to see an example of doing it temporarily or if you can manage then /etc/default/grub and change the area "quiet splash" to "quiet splash nomodeset", keeping the other existing parameters in place too.

It's unfortunate you're having a struggle. It looks like someone else got in the way at the very early point of just using the nomodeset parameter.

It will probably boot into some horrible mesa mode since nouveau was possibly removed/broken/blacklisted. Then you can work on installing nvidia-340 with the driver manager. I personally would give the nouveau back, it's a good functional fallback and there's no harm at all with it installed and potentially functioning when/if needed.
I'd definitely prefer to use Driver Manager instead of Terminal. However, that's what I did in the first place - use Driver Manager to install the nouveau driver. When that resulted in black screen, I switched to Nvidia-340, which also caused black screen. I'd like to know how to start over fresh, installing ONLY the Nvidia-340 driver.

Or perhaps there was something else I was supposed to do after installing the nouveau driver, to make it work?

It looks like you're saying I should leave things the way they are (I don't know what's going on with it, I think it's a mess, I'm having a lot of difficulty determining what's installed or not), go to the Advanced Options menu, choose 'recovery mode', edit in the nomodeset, hit CTRL-X to reboot into recovery mode, open Driver Manager, and set it to Nvidia-340. Although I'm pretty sure that's what it was set to already. I've read in several places that you have to remove the nouveau driver to get Nvidia-340 to work and am not clear on how to accomplish the removal. Is it necessary to remove nouveau, or is that information incorrect? Can this be done with Driver Manager, or does it have to be done in Terminal, and if so, do you remove it before you choose Nvidia-340, or after, or does it matter?

To remove nouveau, do you do this:

, and is this done before choosing Nvidia-340 in Driver Manager or after, or does it matter?

The release notes https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_tessa_xfce.php show removing the 'quiet splash' part. I thought it was

ro quiet splash nomodeset $vt_handoff
? Or is the code meant to be different because you're booting 2 separate times in the procedure, and you need slightly different code each time?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading the release notes, here's what I think the full procedure is. Please correct me if I'm wrong and if I've left anything out.

1. Boot. Go to Advanced Options. Choose Recovery Mode. Edit the kernel like so:

...ro quiet splash nomodeset $vt_handoff...
2. Hit CTRL-X to reboot into Recovery Mode. Open Driver Manager and set it to Nvidia-340.

3. reboot the computer and hold SHIFT to force the boot menu to appear.

4. Go to the actual Linux Mint 19.1 xfce menu option and edit it to say

...ro nomodeset $vt_handoff...
5. Load the actual Linux Mint 19.1 xfce OS and it'll work. No more problems.

If I'm supposed to remove nouveau, at which point in the process do I do that?

farkas
Level 4
Level 4

Post by farkas » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:08 pm

If you didn't already, try disabling Secure Boot in BIOS.
If your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the subject line.
If you found a solution on your own please post it.

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:31 pm

farkas wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:08 pm
If you didn't already, try disabling Secure Boot in BIOS.
There's no Secure Boot on that PC. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=296931#p1652694

farkas
Level 4
Level 4

Post by farkas » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:34 pm

My bad. Humble apologies.
If your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the subject line.
If you found a solution on your own please post it.

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 pm

farkas wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:34 pm
My bad. Humble apologies.
It's ok. Am I on the right track with the procedure? I just don't want to create a worse mess. It might already be messed up

zcot
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zcot » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:48 pm

you're still going to use nomodeset each of these times, so I'm not going to mention that until the end I will show how to make it permanent and you're not editing in the grub menu, you can just pass by the grub menu as normal. But use nomodeset parameter in grub until you make it permanent, unless of course you're familiar enough with nano in a terminal session you could go ahead and make ALL of these edits from there(might be easier in GUI later though, follow along).

So, let's try to get back to square one so-to-speak. Boot normally(not recovery), and when it fails and blacks out get [ctrl] + [alt] + [F1].

Now you're in tty1 so log in with your name and password you created as your normal user you created during install.

in tty1 use these commands, one by one:

apt purge nvidia*
apt install xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
reboot
Next, it's slightly possible that this will be enough to get up and running and using nouveau as default, unless you had done blacklist before, in which case you can possibly fix that more easily in GUI mode. So boot up in regular mode by using the grub menu and add the nomodeset param again.

At this point my thought is that it will boot into the desktop correctly, although sure it might be a horrible graphics mode like 800x600(if nouveau was blacklisted).

NOMODESET:
What's next? If you are in the desktop, then go ahead and add the nomodeset parameter permanently:
use terminal command: xed admin:///etc/default/grub
find this line:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
make it this:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset"
save. - close the file.

UNBLACKLIST:
Next on the list, possibly unblacklist nouveau if needed:
use terminal command to find if there are any blacklists on nouveau: grep -r nouveau /etc/modprobe.d/
if nothing is returned, then you are good.
if there is 1 or more lines with "blacklist nouveau", then you need to use the xed admin:///... command as above and open that file and comment out or remove the "blacklist nouveau" line.

the returned line(s) show the file path and file name, and the occurrence of "nouveau" in that file.

if you see a line returned like this: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf:blacklist nouveau
then you: xed admin:///etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and get the "blacklist nouveau" out of it. save - close.
repeat,for each.

If you see other lines with nouveau that do not say "blacklist" and the file is something to do with nvidia, then just delete that whole file. So if there's maybe a file like "blacklist-nvidia.conf" or "nvidia-something" or probably any file with nvidia in the name then you can just remove it entirely: sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-whatever

If you have changed any file in the /etc/modprobe.d/ directory from above then run the following command:
sudo update-initramfs -u

Now, reboot, and see if it goes to the desktop correctly now. and with a decent screen resolution. And you can join here and post your inxi info. :wink:

At this point you should be good on running nouveau, and not having to break into the grub menu to use nomodeset each time.

We can proceed with nvidia from here if you're able to easily boot.

===========================================

Also, let me answer some questions.

If you use the software manager / or ppa and install an nvidia driver, then that's all you do, there is no messing with nouveau, it's all automatic. The instructions you found probably dealt with installing the driver using the package directly from the nvidia website which is not friendly and that's when you have to go doing these other manual things. But the automatic packages from Ubuntu do all the extra stuff itself, it's fully automated. no messing with modules, or other packages or blacklisting or anything. You click it(or install in terminal or synaptic package manager) and reboot.

mrniceguy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:06 pm
that's what I did in the first place - use Driver Manager to install the nouveau driver. When that resulted in black screen,

Or perhaps there was something else I was supposed to do after installing the nouveau driver, to make it work?
nomodeset

mrniceguy wrote:
I've read in several places that you have to remove the nouveau driver to get Nvidia-340 to work
incorrect. it's a simple module blacklist. and it's handled automatically using Ubuntu's driver packages.

mrniceguy wrote:
To remove nouveau, do you do this:

, and is this done before choosing Nvidia-340 in Driver Manager or after, or does it matter?
No, that' just removes xorg's configuration file. That could affect any driver that would be used, but it's not removing any driver. And the end result of doing that is that once xorg runs again next time it will see that there's no config file and create a fresh default one(which is most likely an empty file anyway). It's not so much related to this situation at hand.

mrniceguy wrote:
The release notes https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_tessa_xfce.php show removing the 'quiet splash' part. I thought it was

ro quiet splash nomodeset $vt_handoff
? Or is the code meant to be different because you're booting 2 separate times in the procedure, and you need slightly different code each time?
It doesn't matter. No, it's not supposed to be different because you're booting 2 separate times. The release notes are showing a few different situations depending on the scenario at hand. The general idea is that you boot to the grub menu, and use the advanced option so you can edit the boot line. It doesn't matter whether or not you remove the quiet and the splash parameters. I actually think they made the video that way because it was just easier then having to explain how to move your cursor to exactly the one character at the end of the line and the line would've wrapped and gotten people into panic mode perhaps.

mrniceguy wrote:
If I'm supposed to remove nouveau, at which point in the process do I do that?
You're not supposed to do that. ;)

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:44 am

So, let's try to get back to square one so-to-speak. Boot normally(not recovery), and when it fails and blacks out get [ctrl] + [alt] + [F1].
Booted into normal Mint 19.1 xfce. Got the default background with the login window, but there are red and green pixels scattered around. Typed in my password and nothing happened, just like all the other times. As I was over here reading your instructions, I heard it beeping at regular intervals. CTRL+ALT+F1 didn't respond. So booted it again. This time didn't even try to login. I pressed CTRL+ALT+F1. Got to the tty1 login screen. Entered my password and hit Enter. Nothing happened. Entered my password again and hit Enter. Again nothing happened. Did it again, nothing happened. Entered the computer's name and the password, hit Enter, nothing happened. Tried again. Nothing happened. Entered just the computer's name and hit Enter. Nothing happened. Tried a few more times, nothing is happening.

edit: Am trying to find out if there's another name for the computer? I don't remember giving it another name, but whatever. https://askubuntu.com/questions/743808/ ... rd-request That says do this:
You can boot to a recovery mode root shell without entering a password by following the steps described here. Follow the first answer to reset your password. You will find out the name of the user you created during the installation with the command getent passwd 1000 | cut -d: -f1. Run it after the mount and before the passwd command described in the linked guide. – Byte Commander♦ Mar 9 '16 at 14:50
So I booted to Recovery mode and entered

getent passwd 1000 | cut -d: -f1
. Got an error message "-d requires an argument." I don't know what it's asking for.
Last edited by mrniceguy on Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zcot
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zcot » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:10 pm

mrniceguy wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:44 am
Booted into normal Mint 19.1 xfce. Got the default background with the login window, but there are red and green pixels scattered around. Typed in my password and nothing happened, just like all the other times. As I was over here reading your instructions, I heard it beeping at regular intervals. CTRL+ALT+F1 didn't respond. So booted it again. This time didn't even try to login. I pressed CTRL+ALT+F1. Got to the tty1 login screen. Entered my password and hit Enter. Nothing happened. Entered my password again and hit Enter. Again nothing happened. Did it again, nothing happened. Entered the computer's name and the password, hit Enter, nothing happened. Tried again. Nothing happened. Entered just the computer's name and hit Enter. Nothing happened. Tried a few more times, nothing is happening.
So, just checking since you didn't mention typing the user name.

in tty the first thing it says is "login:" so you type your user name there, and then it has the password prompt after that. So no response of incorrect password then?

just trying to clarify.

Also, go ahead and use the nomodeset parameter temporarily at first try while you do this, there's no harm in it.

Nobody knows what the hardware is yet, but that's potentially important. I didn't dig entirely in that other thread, but the hardware info is not listed anyway.

Can you boot to the live session and post the hardware info? Did you have to use compatibility mode in the live session?

mrniceguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mrniceguy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:30 pm

zcot wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:10 pm
mrniceguy wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:44 am
So, just checking since you didn't mention typing the user name.

in tty the first thing it says is "login:" so you type your user name there, and then it has the password prompt after that. So no response of incorrect password then?

just trying to clarify.

Also, go ahead and use the nomodeset parameter temporarily at first try while you do this, there's no harm in it.

Nobody knows what the hardware is yet, but that's potentially important. I didn't dig entirely in that other thread, but the hardware info is not listed anyway.

Can you boot to the live session and post the hardware info? Did you have to use compatibility mode in the live session?
No response at all, for any combination.

At first I thought it just wanted my password. Apparently it also wants the partition's name. The Vista partition is 'me'. The Mint partition is 'me2'. So I entered the partition's name, me2. Then I've been entering the password. I do not recall choosing another name for the Mint partition, I only gave it that one name, so do not know why it's not accepting 'me2' + the password. I've used both the regular '2' key and the number pad '2' key, and it's not on CAPSLOCK. I also tried entering the full name of the computer as shown in the tty1 screen with the mobo included. That didn't work either.

The hardware is listed here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=296583#p1649809 None of the actual hardware has been changed, but the partitions are different now.

I can boot into a live session in compatibility mode but haven't tried opening a web page there, which would allow me to navigate to Mint Forums and post terminal output. I'll open a live session now and see. brb

edit: No, I can open Firefox, briefly, but Firefox keeps crashing as soon as I try and edit this post on that computer. Just tell me exactly what you need and I'll write it down.

edit2: Have tried every conceivable combination of the username and password. username 1st, press Enter, password, press Enter again. username with capitals, Enter, then password, enter. username lowercase, enter, password, enter. username only, enter. password only, enter. username + mobo as shown above command line, Enter, password, Enter. etc, etc, etc... Nothing works.

Return to “Installation & Boot”