[SOLVED] Boot issues with LInux mint, normal.mod not found and Linux mod not found

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ajith k
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Boot issues with LInux mint, normal.mod not found and Linux mod not found

Post by ajith k »

Hi,

I was using windows 7 along with Ubuntu. The pc is old and having 2gb ram. Found the ubuntu running slow in the low hardware and decided to install Mint. But during the installation process, it went stuck and pc rebooted. Now it shows the grub rescue page and unable to proceed. Tried some steps shown in forums and getting normal.mod not found and when doing other linux.mod not found. Please help me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spamegg
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Boot issues with LInux mint, normal.mod not found and Linux mod not found

Post by spamegg »

Retry the installation process. Boot into the Live USB Installer again from your BIOS.
bodge99

Post by bodge99 »

Hi,

Yes, agree.. I'd assume that the initial installation has failed..

This time, as soon as you have booted from your live flashdrive, run Gparted and create a swap partition at the end of the drive. Now use Gparted to "swapon" i.e. make this swap partition available to to installer system environment. This should help with any lack of memory problems.

If you need specific instructions on how to do this, then just ask here.. no problem at all in answering queries.

Bodge99
ajith k
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ajith k »

Thank you so much for the reply. I will definitely try the steps and will reach back
ajith k
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ajith k »

Hi,

The issue has been resolved and mint is successfully installed. Once again thanks for your help and really appreciate your support.

Return to “Installation & Boot”