Computer froze..turned off now just GRUB screenSOLVED SOLVED

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kontigo
Level 2
Level 2

Computer froze..turned off now just GRUB screenSOLVED SOLVED

Post by Kontigo »

Hi...all was and has been running v smoothly. Then, mid
fliw today, my laptop just froze....cursor could move around but nothing was responding ..so turned computer off and then on again and it goes straight to the grub menu now and i cant get beyond that. My options it gives me are linux mint 19; advanced settings and one other. . How do i proceed from here? Its well weird.

Any help much apprrciated with how to get going again. Thanks in advance.

SOLVED....MY PRobLEM APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN A "FSCK" ISSUE....GO TO YOU TUBE AND TYPE " Linux - fsck to Repair File System" anf you will find a video for you ....thanks and all the best
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kontigo
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Computer froze..turned off now just GRUB screen

Post by Kontigo »

So select the first option..linux mint 19 to try to load up but all that comes up is the following (see attachment)...how do i get back to desktop? Please any help appreciated. Thanks
Have also tried the second option advanced options and clicked on a few of the options there but it goes back to same page as attached. It would be fantastic if someone had some suggestions as i really need to get back into computer!😀
Attachments
IMG_20210728_172648.jpg
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

Kontigo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:30 am It would be fantastic if someone had some suggestions as i really need to get back into computer!😀
It would be even more fantastic if people read the 'how to get help' link at the top of the page. Nevertheless:

viewtopic.php?p=2036310#p2036310
Kontigo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Kontigo »

Thanks for your reply ..i checked out yr link but how do i get to terminal to type the command line? I pressed 'c' on grub menu as it says to do and typed in the xed line but to no avail..any othrr ideas aopreviated cheers
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

Kontigo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:56 am Thanks for your reply ..i checked out yr link but how do i get to terminal to type the command line? I pressed 'c' on grub menu as it says to do and typed in the xed line but to no avail..any othrr ideas aopreviated cheers
Repeat the same steps but instead of typing in the xed command, use the cursor to locate quiet splash, change it to quiet splash pci=noaer then press F10. If that gets you running, do the procedure at the link.

I should have noticed that but was distracted, so my apologies.
Kontigo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Kontigo »

The only place i have found "quiet splash" is when i press e on grib menu....i tried entering yr suggedtion but nothing seems to be working. I do appreviate yr response as i am sure u are busy. I will keep trying. Cheers
Kontigo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Kontigo »

Still cant get past grub menu...is there a way to boot straight to login and password if i turn computer off and on again? Thanks in advance👍
Kontigo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Kontigo »

I have tried runni g a couple of the older versions under advsnced settings and it says something about havong yo tun fsck manually...the root filesystem on /dev/sdev2 requires manual fsck

Thsnks again for any replies

Return to “Installation & Boot”