persistent mouse pointer

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
germaineman
Level 1
Level 1

persistent mouse pointer

Post by germaineman »

I am running LinuxMint 20.2 Cinnamon on a desktop computer with 4k monitor.
The login screen has 4k resolution. In the center of the login screen is a mouse pointer. After login I am presented with my personal desktop. For optimum readability this desktop has 150% scaling. On this desktop there is a mouse pointer also scaled at 150%.
However the 100% scaled pointer of the login screen remains stationary at its last position. It is persistent throughout the whole desktop session and it sits on top of everything displayed.
This mouse pointer from the login screen is erased on starting the desktop when scaling is 200%, but it persists at any other scaling factor.
Has anyone the same experience. Does anyone know how to get rid of this primary pointer
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: persistent mouse pointer

Post by spamegg »

What happens if, after logging in, you restart Cinnamon with Ctrl+Alt+Esc? Does the pointer disappear?
If not, you might want to report it to the devs: https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/issues
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Check the discussion in this topic Secondary stuck mouse cursor with Mint 20 (AMD GPU). There was not a resolution, but the OP was able to move the second cursor so it was "out of the way".
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
germaineman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by germaineman »

Thanks for your suggestions.
After reboot CTRL-ALT-DEL the mouse pointer remains, only this time it is scaled at 150% which makes its presence more conspicuous
Thanks SMG I now move the poiter off the bottom of the screen before logging in. That way it is no longer visible during the desktop session
Older and wiser voices can help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen. Jimmy Buffett

Return to “Installation & Boot”