Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
The-Wizard
Level 12
Level 12

solved help lost my little wheel thing

Post by The-Wizard » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:48 pm

i feel like a right plonker.. i have lost [and i cant remember the correct term sorry] the little wheel thing from the bottom left panel of M10/64 cant get to my programs or turn off

brian
Last edited by The-Wizard on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.

Anakinholland
Level 3
Level 3

Re: help lost my little wheel thing

Post by Anakinholland » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm just taking a guess here, but I assume you mean your applications-menu? Which Session are you in? Gnome2? Right click on the panel, choose Add to Panel... and then add Menu Bar.

For the time being: Is Alt-F2 working? If so, start your programmes by hand. Shutting down or rebooting can be done but using Ctrl+Alt+F1, logging in and issuing the command "sudo init 0" for a shutdown, or "sudo init 6" for a reboot. :)

Regards,

Anakin
Please Edit your initial post title and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

The-Wizard
Level 12
Level 12

Re: solved help lost my little wheel thing

Post by The-Wizard » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:01 am

thanks not quite the same but i now can shut down and change programs

wizard
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.

caribriz
Level 5
Level 5

Re: solved help lost my little wheel thing

Post by caribriz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:28 am

If you want the "cog wheel" icon for the Menu, it's located at
/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/visualisation-logo.png

caribriz
Desktop: C2D E6400 / Asus P5LD2SE / 2GB ram / Asus GeForce 210 / 320GB (WinXP) & 1TB (Mint - various)
Laptop: Asus A53E-SX1455V - i5 2450M / 4GB ram / Intel HD 3000 / 500GB (Win7/Mint 18.3 Cinnamon)

Return to “Installation & Boot”