Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
nilhh
Level 1
Level 1

Maya Cinnamon LiveDVD doesn't load correctly

Post by nilhh »

Hi all,

when trying to start Linuxmint 13 Cinnamon on my PC system my screen looks like on the attached foto: blueish and no icons at all, darkblue Panel.
On the screen I could only guess where is which program.

My graphics card is a Geforce 6150SE nForce 430 (according to lspci) and I desperately need to install Cinnamon! ;-)

BTW, the DVD works flawlessly on my notebook and the Mate-DVD works very well on the PC,
so my guess is something with the graphics driver but I don't know how to change/update it!

Hope there is help in sight!

Best regards,
nilhh
Attachments
cinnamon_fail.jpg
cinnamon_fail.jpg (85.34 KiB) Viewed 904 times

uilenspiegel
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Maya Cinnamon LiveDVD doesn't load correctly

Post by uilenspiegel »

I just popped in the Maya Cinnamon 32-bit LiveDVD and get exactly the same behavior --- things are functional, but the blue screen makes it impossible to actually use. This is a waaay old machine with an Intel 82685G Integrated Graphics Controller, and that's probably got something to do with it. I'll poke around and see if I can figure anything out, otherwise I'll fall back to MATE for this machine.

uilenspiegel
Level 1
Level 1

Post by uilenspiegel »

OK, so there's an enlightening discussion here:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 41#p583241

Upshot so far suggests that Cinnamon may not be ready just yet for some of these ancient/primitive graphics cards. But the thread is still active and there may be other ideas forthcoming.

nilhh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nilhh »

uilenspiegel wrote:This is a waaay old machine with an Intel 82685G Integrated Graphics Controller, and that's probably got something to do with it. I'll poke around and see if I can figure anything out, otherwise I'll fall back to MATE for this machine.
<sigh> Unfortunately this here is not a waaay old machine, but thanks anyway for pointing me at the thread, very interesting. So even if I don't really want, I should upgrade to MATE. A new PC just to install Cinnamon would be exaggerated...

Return to “Installation & Boot”