<SOLVED> Installing Mate from Cinnamon

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
araujoms

<SOLVED> Installing Mate from Cinnamon

Post by araujoms »

Hi folks,

I installed Mint 13 via the Cinnamon meida, and now I´d like to try Mate alongside it. How do I do it?

I´ve already tried installing the mint-meta-mate package

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install mint-meta-mate
but it does not give the correct configurations for the Mate desktop, it gives me a very vanilla Mate; for instance it lacks the mintmenu. Any idea on how to get the configs?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Installing Mate from Cinnamon

Post by kc1di »

araujoms wrote:Hi folks,

I installed Mint 13 via the Cinnamon meida, and now I´d like to try Mate alongside it. How do I do it?

I´ve already tried installing the mint-meta-mate package

sudo apt-get install mint-meta-mate
but it does not give the correct configurations for the Mate desktop, it gives me a very vanilla Mate; for instance it lacks the mintmenu. Any idea on how to get the configs?
you need to install mate-desktop

sudo apt-get install mate-desktop
works fine here.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
araujoms

Re: Installing Mate from Cinnamon

Post by araujoms »

Thank you for the reply!

It came a little late for me to test, I had just downloaded the Mate image and installed it afresh. But I believe your answer shall be useful to other people.

Return to “Installation & Boot”