USB Installation issue

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Drogyn

USB Installation issue

Post by Drogyn »

Hi, I'm totally new to Mint, and a reasonably new user to Linux all together.
I've been looking at playing with some different distros by installing them onto a USB drive and booting from there before I look at creating a partition on my laptop and choosing a flavor to install.

Yesterday I installed Mint Cinammon and Mint Mate onto my USB drive to take a look at them using the Universal USB Installer (1.9.0.6) from pendrivelinux.com which says it supports linuxmint 13 distros. However on booting from the USB drive I always end up with a crashed, scrambled looking screen that doesn't actually seem to do anything.

Being new to this I have no idea what the problem is, and was wondering if anyone could help me?

Running on a Lenovo V570 latoptop btw
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
HughT

Re: USB Installation issue

Post by HughT »

hi Drogyn, welcome to Mint. Are you saying that you have the two Mint versions on the same USB? I thought you could only have one at a time. Perhaps that's the problem?

Return to “Installation & Boot”