How to check if the installation has terminated correctly?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Huugin
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Huugin »

Hi

I just tried installing Linux Mint 13 Mate ed. During the installation it froze at "Restoring previously installed packages". Eventually I ended up force shutting down the computer (or maybe I used ctrl-alt-backspace, can't remember). However, the next time I turned on the computer Linux Mint was installed and working. Now I'm curious whether or not the OS has installed correctly, or there is some error I have not encountered yet. Also, are there any install steps after "restoring previously installed packages" that the installation missed? I mean, if it only missed installing some packages, I guess I can do that manually if the need arises.

kind regards and peace

animaguy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by animaguy »

Chances are everything is probably working fine. Go ahead and take a test drive.

I never get to attached to a first time install of a new distro. I always keep the option of a possible reinstall. I suggest you play with it and learn as much as you can and then once you are familiar with everything you may want to reinstall from scratch to get practice and customize it perfectly based on what you have learned.

That is how I do things and that is my advice.

Have fun too.

Return to “Installation & Boot”