Installing Mint 14; installer crash [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zaphyr

Installing Mint 14; installer crash [SOLVED]

Post by zaphyr »

Hi,

I was going to do a clean update from Mint 13 to Mint 14.
I downloaded the 64bit ISO and created a bootable USB key using ImageWriter. It boots just fine and everything is working.
I start the installer and choose to install / on sda with formatting, and /home on sdb with no formatting. After a minute or so the installer crashes at "removing conflicting operating system files"
I try again, with only the sda disk installed in my computer, doing a standard install where I let the installer do everything automagically..unfortunately it still crashes.
I can see there's a bug report for this ( #946663) but it seems unresolved...or it says "fix released" but I have no idea how to apply the fix... :-(

As of now I have no OS on my computer, the installer formatted the disk before it crashed.

Please, I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zaphyr

Re: Installing Mint 14; installer crash

Post by zaphyr »

After hours of troubleshooting, I realized that my problem was slightly different from the one in the bug report. My installer crashes, while the ones in the bug report locks up. This made me think my problem could be unique, and something in my setup was causing it. The solution was too simple really...I installed an older LUbuntu version I had laying around, downloaded the LM 14 ISO again and made another USB boot key on a different key...and guess what!? It works! It was the USB key all along! Sometimes it's the simple solution that works :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Installation & Boot”