Upgrading from Cinnamon 13 to 14 foobared my display res.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
radnadz

Upgrading from Cinnamon 13 to 14 foobared my display res.

Post by radnadz »

After a (fresh) upgrade from Cinnamon x64 13 to 14, I now have a resolution limit of 1152x864 (far below the full resolution of the screen).

The problem occurred after updating and upgrading all repo installs from the new install and merging those with the programs that were backed up from version 13. In preview and first boot (before update/upgrade) everything looked great, but now it's basically unusable. I'm assuming that some program used in 13 is now obsolete, but is giving itself precedence over the correct one, but I'm not sure where to start looking for this rogue program.

The OS is triple booted with Win7, LM, and Backtrack, but Grub is correctly configured and working correctly with all of that. I did change from ext3 to ext4 partitions during the upgrade, but since everything worked during first run after install, that can't be related. Also, the /home encryption option was used, though again, I don't think that will end up being relevant.

Is this a documented problem? Any solutions available?

PS: I'm new to the forum so obligatory "Hi!" to everyone!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mank_in

Re: Upgrading from Cinnamon 13 to 14 foobared my display res

Post by mank_in »

Is vga drivers is correct :?:
check the driver with:

Code: Select all

inxi -Gx
I didn't know if my suggestion correct ( I use this method to change monitor refresh rate in gnome3 shell or cinnamon) :

Code: Select all

gedit ~/.config/monitors.xml

you will see something like this:
<width>1152</width>
<height>864</height>
<rate>60</rate>

change width and height to your monitor specification, save,reboot.

Return to “Installation & Boot”