Configuring Hardware takes forever

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
elwc

Configuring Hardware takes forever

Post by elwc »

I've installed Linux Mint in vmware earlier and I really like it. So I've burnt the ISO into my 8GB flash drive and booted from my flash drive. Due to some issues with my monitor/video card (Acer/Sandy Bridge), I couldn't start Linux Mint normally. So I started Linux Mint (compatibility mode). Everything seems fine.

I then formatted my secondary hard disk, I made 4GB of swap, and the remainder ext4. I installed Linux MInt into my secondary hard disk, also with the boot loader (or what you call that) into the secondary hard disk. However, configuring hardware takes forever. I slept and woke up and it was still configuring hardware.

I clicked cancel and I was told that installation is completed. I restart and booted from my secondary hard disk, but no avail. An _ kept blinking and nothing happens. I have not tried to boot into windows yet. I'm using my company PC now.

Please help. Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
goose5000

Re: Configuring Hardware takes forever

Post by goose5000 »

I am having the same problem. Did you find a fix?
elwc

Re: Configuring Hardware takes forever

Post by elwc »

I installed Linux Mint 13 instead. I read somewhere that we can stay in the older versions if there is no problem. Upgrade to newer versions might cause other driver problems and whatnot.

Nevertheless I have changed to a Samsung monitor and no more "input not supported" problem and I installed it in the normal Linux Mint 14 boot (not compatibility mode).

Return to “Installation & Boot”