error message while booting

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chiyan

error message while booting

Post by chiyan »

Hello everyone noob here, I am using linux mint 14 kde(64 bit),Installed along with windows 7
During the booting the screen shows "error mounting media/OS 7" and then below it states press "s" to skip and "m" for manual recovery. After skipping it boots normally else it stucks with the same screen.I encounter this message only after using ntfs-config gui software for automounting.Even though i have gone through some posts having similiar problem cannot figure out how to correct it. I had tried removing the ntfs-config yet the message remains. I will post links for results of "sudo blkid -c /dev/null" command

link: http://pastebin.com/8gjy0SdV

I would like to get rid of these errors, but i dont know how,please help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: error message while booting

Post by oobetimer »

I think that this is a Mint 14 bug. I do not know if it helps by installing MountManager and determine mount points for every partition with it?
chiyan

Post by chiyan »

is there any way to rectify this, or will it be rectified by future updates, ty in advance
chiyan

Post by chiyan »

moved to min 13, cant find solution elsewhere :-(

Return to “Installation & Boot”