Installing drivers and samba

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Installing drivers and samba

Post by herbie643 »

If I might make a suggestion; after an install, and this may or may not apply to laptops only, don't install so many video drivers.
I mean, I would assume you can query the video card and find out the manufacturer, so only install that video driver.
SInce I have a laptop I go and remove all non-pertinent video drivers.

The following pertains to LMDE, which I cannot use because of printing to a Kodak printer which works perfectly on Nadia fails on LMDE.

I will make another assumption for good or bad, that you can query the network and determine if a Windows machine is present. If so, install ALL of the required samba drivers. I had to search and search to find out what was missing in the area of samba and then I install them and the printer still doesn't work but other printers, e.g. HP, would as I hear they support Linux.

What ever Ubuntu does can you please find out what, so that it can be implemented in LMDE.

Thanks for reading my small rant.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Installing drivers and samba

Post by herbie643 »

Just added Notify me when a reply is posted so I can see how badly I am slammed.. lol

Return to “Installation & Boot”