Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jeni
Level 1
Level 1

provide link to download linux mint iso

Postby jeni » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi,

I was trying to download linux mint iso file but i could only find winrar file. In some websites i found iso file but when i downloaded it, it is incomplete.
I am currently using ubuntu 12.10. I want to switch over to linux mint. i really like this but still struggling to get the iso file.
could anyone please post me the url where i can get the iso file. i even downloaded from official website but it is a windows installer.
and i tried downloading from linuxfreedom and softpedia both provided incomplete downloads
so, please provide me a link
Thanks in advance.. waiting for ur replies

xenopeek
Level 23
Level 23

Re: provide link to download linux mint iso

Postby xenopeek » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Well, if you go to linuxmint.com and click on Download, you can pretty much not miss it :wink: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

jeni
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jeni » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 pm

thanks for ur reply. As i said i have already tried this official website. when i download it , it is a winrar file not iso.
Please provide me link to download iso file.

caribriz
Level 5
Level 5

Postby caribriz » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:25 pm

Click the link "xenopeek" gave you.
Go down the page to "Download links" section
Next to the version you choose - mate or cinnamon etc., click on "32-bit" or "64-bit"
It will take you to that version's page
go to "Primary download mirrors" section
click on (for example) "University of Kent UK Mirror Service" - a link to an .iso file pops up:

direct link to .iso file.png
direct link to .iso file.png (31.45 KiB) Viewed 381 times

Go ahead and save the file.

Here is a direct link:
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/www.linuxmint.com/pub/linuxmint.com//stable/14/
Desktop: C2D E6400 / Asus P5LD2SE / 2GB ram / Asus GeForce 210 / 320GB (WinXP) & 1TB (Mint - various)
Laptop: Asus A53E-SX1455V - i5 2450M / 4GB ram / Intel HD 3000 / 500GB (Win7/Mint 17.3 Cinnamon)

xenopeek
Level 23
Level 23

Postby xenopeek » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 am

The download is an ISO file, an archive of files fit for burning to DVD or putting on a USB stick. WinRAR can open various archives, among them ISO files. As caribriz shares, make sure you download the file and not select to open it--as that will make WinRAR open the file and this may confuse you :wink:

usbtux
Level 5
Level 5

Postby usbtux » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:38 am

xenopeek wrote:The download is an ISO file, an archive of files fit for burning to DVD or putting on a USB stick. WinRAR can open various archives, ...

I suspect you have told winrar to associate iso's in the past.

Donot open it. You need to burn the ISO to dvd to make a live dvd ( or to a usb)

See my sig for the usb bit
http://goo.gl/DXKgM LinuxMint tutorials.
Running LinuxMint 17.3 Mate. Pepermint 6 & Manjaro 15.12 Capella XFCE
http://goo.gl/WFu0u Installing Mint - the screen cast videos.
linuxcounter #368850

zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Postby zerozero » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:48 pm

jeni,
see this topic >>> viewtopic.php?f=90&t=121546 (i believe it's a similar situation)

[ bliss of ignorance ]

jeni
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jeni » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:27 am

Thanks for your replies.
still i face the same issues. If i download it from a windows machine, i can download it in winrar option.
so i downloaded from my ubuntu, here i was able to download the same link as iso file. but after burning it to dvd and pen drive, i was not able to boot it showed boot error.

i bought dell inspiron 5520 few days back, which had ubuntu11.x. In that wifi was working fine but i was not able to download and install any softwares, so i downloaded ubuntu12.10 and installed it. In this version, wifi was not working but all other softwares were working fine. I tried all possibilities but couldn't fix it. so at last i thought of downloading linux mint and i faced these issues. And now at last i have given my system to install windows.

I really wanted to have linux os :(
I have got a linux mint windows installer so planning to have a dual boot.
Does dual boot has performance issues?

Return to “Installation & Boot”