Copying Mint 14 to another computer

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
beacon
Level 4
Level 4

Copying Mint 14 to another computer

Post by beacon »

I have installed Linux Mint 14 on my desktop computer and want to have the same OS on my ASUS tablet which is Ubuntu certified. I have had advice and seen tutorials that make it all seem very easy, but I can't succeed. First of all, I read that one of the advantages of Mint 14 is that it uses MintStick instead of Image Writer. If so, I am unable to find it, and it isn't listed in the software programs. (Why do so many people refer to it if it isn't there?) I do have Image Writer, but simply can't see how to do the job. The tutorial says to insert the flash drive and go from there, but I can find no way to fill in the box with what I want to copy. Could someone please tell me in simple terms the steps to take. I shall be most grateful.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Copying Mint 14 to another computer

Post by AlbertP »

Linux for normal computers and Linux for tablets are very different systems. Your Asus tablet is likely an ARM device, so needs an ARM version of a distro; normal computers are x86 based instead of ARM.
Ubuntu ARM may be installed on the tablet, but Mint doesn't have an ARM port. The tablet will not be able to run Mint, just like it's also unable to run the Ubuntu edition for normal computers.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
beacon
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Copying Mint 14 to another computer

Post by beacon »

Danke. I appreciate the reply, disappointing as it is.

Return to “Installation & Boot”