hard drive is not accessible in booting via usb

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
raisahab007

hard drive is not accessible in booting via usb

Post by raisahab007 »

i am using Linux Mint 14 cinnamon version on my laptop. 2 days earlier i was doing some customization with pointer appearence and file manager. after that when i reboot my system, it didnt boot. all i was getting screen showing Linux Mint with dots, while mouse pointer engaged. then i tried to boot from usb and to copy my data, but unluckily when i open file manager it says "you dont have permission". how can i get access to my data.
i have only one partition dev/sda1.
is there any way to get access to my data??
plz help :( ASAP
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: hard drive is not accessible in booting via usb

Post by catweazel »

raisahab007 wrote:when i open file manager it says "you dont have permission". how can i get access to my data.
i have only one partition dev/sda1.
is there any way to get access to my data??
In a terminal:

Code: Select all

gksu nemo
Then use nemo to set the permissions as root. You do that by right clicking on the partition, folder or file, select the Permissions tab. The set of options you need is 'Others'. Set Folder Access to 'Create and delete files', and set File access to 'Read and write'. Be careful where you set the permissions, though I assume you want to copy your data and perhaps reinstall.
plz help :( ASAP
We volunteer our own time, please be patient. Besides, half the planet is going to sleep and the other half is just waking up.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
raisahab007

Post by raisahab007 »

yup i've tried that already, but still it is not working.
raisahab007

Post by raisahab007 »

by the way thanx for the assistance.
sunewbie

Post by sunewbie »

Try this link.

Instead of nautilus, type Nemo. In stead of Software center, it's called software manager.

I hope this helps.
raisahab007

Post by raisahab007 »

thanx a lot.

Return to “Installation & Boot”