Mint15 wants login and password on install

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Slojinn

Mint15 wants login and password on install

Post by Slojinn »

Hello, my problem i am having is that i'm attempting to install mint 15 32-bit on an Dell Dimension 3000. I gets to the part where it wants me to put in a login name and password when it shouldn't for an install. This is my 2nd dvd that i burned and getting same results. I have tried: admin and password combo, tried mint and enter combo. Why is it doing this and not letting me go any further? What do i need to do to get past this so i can install mint correctly? Need help please. Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oldbwl
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint15 wants login and password on install

Post by Oldbwl »

Are you sure this routine is not asking you to pick a login and password?
Slojinn

Post by Slojinn »

No. i have install mint a few times before so i know it should not be at this stage yet. like i stated, triing to install and it came up with the live login screen. Its wanting a login and password and i have not got to the actuall desktop to install it. its running from live dvd.
Mark Phelps
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mark Phelps »

Is the hard drive on the Dell password protected, such that any attempt to access it requires a "login"?

If not, what is on the hard drive at this point? Is it empty? Or, does it have existing partitions?
Slojinn

Post by Slojinn »

hello. the only thing that is on it right now is XP. Harddrive is not password protected and does not require password to login on any user.
flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

Try using esc... on my live CD I had chosen a persistence available copy. You may need to exit persistence and choose live...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Slojinn

Post by Slojinn »

Esc? Don't know what that is. Explain pls?
Slojinn

Post by Slojinn »

ok, what i did was install mint 13 and it installed fine. 14 gave me trouble with install. So i'm pretty much done with all the updates. So thanks for the suggestions and help.

Return to “Installation & Boot”