Hangs on 'Starting Bluetooth...'

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Hangs on 'Starting Bluetooth...'

Post by lakehousetech »

You can disable bluetooth by going to -system-administration-services (under the menu) and unlock it if necessary by entering in your password. Uncheck the bluetooth service and reboot. See if that works.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Oh sorry I thought you could boot into Mint. Hmmm....how far into the boot does it get? Try choosing the recovery option in the grub menu. When it loads it gives you some options....one of which I believe is repair, but I haven't done it in awhile so I'm not sure. Try it anyway, and post back. I'll restart and login to recovery as well so I can recall what to do.

Update: When you boot into recovery there is an option to repair the x server. You should attempt this first. If it doesn't work you may have to login to the root account (as long as you created a root password during installation or via mint assistant) and default the xorg.conf file manually. Worst case you may need to re-install.

Also, if you do re-install you can pull off your old documents...etc. while using the live cd. Just put them on a usb thumb drive if you have one, then perform a new installation. Just a thought.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Do you remember what you may have done or installed before everything went haywire?
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Bummer. I haven't attempted to used BT on Linux ever, so I am no help either. I hope you figure it out. Good luck.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Trust me when I say that over the past four years I've screwed up my fair share of Linux boxes. Sometimes that's how you learn. Welcome to the Mint community.

Return to “Installation & Boot”