Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
victorsnk
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade to Linux Mint PETRA

Post by victorsnk »

I have installed in my computer Linux Mint 15 (cinnamon). I want to install Linux Mint petra (cinnamon) but upgrade the sistem. I don't want to install again. How can I do it?

Thank you everyone!
Dis93
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Upgrade to Linux Mint PETRA

Post by Dis93 »

I'm in the same boat, running 15 and want to go to 16. I had the same issue when I went from 14 to 15.

See here http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2

Short answer no.
Longer answer, you can, it's involved and you may end up with a cludgy system.
Dis93
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Dis93 »

I'll also say that in preparation for this upgrade, when I did a fresh install of 15 I put /home on a different partition.
So HOPEFULLY when I do a clean install of 16 at least all my user data is preserved and HOPEFULLY the additional software I installed will install using the backup tool restore option.
Apart from the programs I downloaded elsewhere and had to build myself. Doubt I'll remember how, end up searching online how to do it again :)
ImpliedConsent
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ImpliedConsent »

victorsnk wrote:I have installed in my computer Linux Mint 15 (cinnamon). I want to install Linux Mint petra (cinnamon) but upgrade the sistem. I don't want to install again. How can I do it?
Thank you everyone!
Using the tutorial link that [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=114669]Dis93[/url] provided, I upgraded Nadia 14 (32bit) by doing C1. "Fresh" upgrade. This was very reliable and fast. Restored all my files and apps without a hitch.

Return to “Installation & Boot”