Live cd boot problemiī

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vaikz

Live cd boot problemiī

Post by vaikz »

From the title itself, that's my problem. Trying to install on an amd proessor w/ via graphic.
Here's what I did so far:
- Boot the latest mint xfce 32 bit using grub4dos iso mapping from an external hd NTFS.
- lived cd iso boot normally and display the desktop but ? awhile, the screen display is like a no signal from TV. And cant do anything.
If this is already been solved, please point me or give me a link.
Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vaikz

Re: Live cd boot problemiī

Post by vaikz »

Wow 26 views w/o any replays.
Bump, anybody please.
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Neil Edmond »

It sure is frustrating when you have trouble and no one seems to care. Is it not?

I'm afraid I don't really understand what the problem is, but if I understand what you are saying, my first guess would be that your computer is overheating. Have you been having this problem for a while now? Or, is it only when trying to boot Mint? Does the computer work normally until it stops responding? And finally, can you give us a little more detail about what is meant by " the screen display is like a no signal from TV"?
vaikz

Re: Re: Live cd boot problemiī

Post by vaikz »

Neil Edmond wrote:It sure is frustrating when you have trouble and no one seems to care. Is it not?

I'm afraid I don't really understand what the problem is, but if I understand what you are saying, my first guess would be that your computer is overheating. Have you been having this problem for a while now? Or, is it only when trying to boot Mint? Does the computer work normally until it stops responding? And finally, can you give us a little more detail about what is meant by " the screen display is like a no signal from TV"?
Sorry I didn't explain it will.
The PC works fine with windows or in live xp.
I have tried Ubuntu based livecd distro and its still the same. I experienced this problem before from previous version but I was able to install it by using some cheat codes like nomodeset, acpi=off, etc. Now, it won't work.
It can boot to the desktop, I can click icons. And after a few moments, the screen is distorted. And at the same time, KB and mouse not working.
What I mean for "like no signal from TV" is that the screen is distorted. Just like in a TV when there's no signal from the station.
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Neil Edmond »

I guess it could be a graphics driver issue, then. Probably should work with the VIA driver for integrated s3/unichrome graphics in Xorg.conf, but if not you may have to boot with just the VESA driver and see how that works.
vaikz

Post by vaikz »

Neil Edmond wrote:I guess it could be a graphics driver issue, then. Probably should work with the VIA driver for integrated s3/unichrome graphics in Xorg.conf, but if not you may have to boot with just the VESA driver and see how that works.
How to use vesa in livecd? I forgot already about that.
What are the cheat codes combinations to use during boot?
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Neil Edmond »

Yeah, so have I (forgotten about it). I rarely have to use it, and it's been a long time, so I had to search a little. Looks like what you may want to try is VGA=771, but I'm not sure. Try it and see what happens, then maybe someone with more experience will come along and set us both straight.
vaikz

Post by vaikz »

Neil Edmond wrote:Yeah, so have I (forgotten about it). I rarely have to use it, and it's been a long time, so I had to search a little. Looks like what you may want to try is VGA=771, but I'm not sure. Try it and see what happens, then maybe someone with more experience will come along and set us both straight.
Tnx, I'll try and report back.

Edit:
Nash it didn't work.
Tried nomodeset acpi=off xforcevesa nolapic noapic VGA=normal, same results.
I tried booting puppy, booted fine. I wonder what they used to make it work?

Here's the screenshots
Desktop
[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/27/tepadyra.jpg[/img]
The screen, after a couple of minutes.
[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/27/e8y4umu3.jpg[/img]
vaikz

Post by vaikz »

Ok good news.
I was able to get hold a nvidia vc.

Boot again thre livedvd, no problem booting, went through the desktop. But this time, no problem with the screen, only system freezes.
Tried the compatibility mode, no success.
Add nomodeset, acpi=off, vga=771 still the same results.

I think this is something to do with VIA chipset.

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk

Return to “Installation & Boot”