Cassandra is fighting with Elyssa

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Forestarius
Level 1
Level 1

Cassandra is fighting with Elyssa

Post by Forestarius »

I just installed Elyssa over my beloved Cassandra.

When it booted up for the first time it had a boot message of: etc/grub/message.elyssa: file not found
and once booted it still says Cassandra on the lower left of the screen.

When I was partitioning I kept the /home directory. I formated the other partitions so they should be clean.

All my data and email is safe and in place, but I would like Elyssa's name to show and to know what the "elyssa: file not found" message means.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Cassandra is fighting with Elyssa

Post by clem »

For the file not found it's probably because you're using a separate /boot partition? If that's the case copy message.elyssa somewhere in /boot and edit /boot/grub/menu.lst to reflect that (make sure to remove /boot from the path.. since on that partition /boot here means / over there..).

You can simply right click on mintMenu and change the name of the menu in the preferences. The reason why it's still Cassandra is because it's saved in gconf within your personal data (which ultimately resides somewhere in /home :)). So you're running Elyssa but your data is telling mintMenu that its name is Cassandra :)

Clem.
Forestarius
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cassandra is fighting with Elyssa

Post by Forestarius »

Thanks Clem.

It's all working properly now!

:D

Return to “Installation & Boot”