Upgrade to Bea

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aljimenezg

Upgrade to Bea

Post by aljimenezg »

Hello, I want to try Linux Mint. Should I wait for new release 2.1 or would it be easy to upgrade from 2.0? Thanks.

Alberto (from Spain)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jonpackard
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jonpackard »

There is no way to upgrade from one version of Linux Mint to the next. I'm using Linux Mint 2.1 "Bea" (Beta-023) and I find it very usable. The final version is scheduled to be released in a few weeks. I would recommend jumping right in and trying Bea if you're comfortable using a Beta.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Apart from Amarok it's quite stable :) This beta release is mostly there to let us time to squish things in at the last minute and get users feedback before the official release.

So far only a few modifications have been planned for the 20th.. there's a panel.entries file in / that we forgot to delete :) And the icons at the top are using absolute coordinates, so they look funny under widescreen resolutions :)

Clem

Return to “Installation & Boot”